Menu
jonnypne
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

internet spped drops drastically at different times all router figures listed help please

hi i am having problems with my internet speed and connection the speed is really good at some stages but then drops dramatically at different time even dropping off totally at some point i have listed all the router status figures in the hope that some one may be able to shed a little light on it

downstreamsdownstreamsupstreamupstreamnetwork log1network log1network log 2network log 2network log 3network log 3network log 4network log 4

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: internet spped drops drastically at different times all router figures listed help please

as said elsewhere downstream is too low and upstream is near max - will flag to VM to [hopefully] get here a bit quicker

please dont open multiple threads or piggy back on to old threads - it does not get help quicker and just confuses

Tony

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: internet spped drops drastically at different times all router figures listed help please

as said elsewhere downstream is too low and upstream is near max - will flag to VM to [hopefully] get here a bit quicker

please dont open multiple threads or piggy back on to old threads - it does not get help quicker and just confuses

Tony
jonnypne
Tuning in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

ok sorry i opened this one as it was piggy backed previously i will just wait and see what happens now hopefully vm will get to me sometime soon

thanks for your advice

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi jonnypne,

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the community.

Sorry to read that you are having issues with your broadband connection.

As mentioned the downstream power levels are too low at - 6 dBmV and the upstream is high at 53 dBmV. For this I would like to arrange an engineer appointment to adjust these for you. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with some details for you to confirm please. Once you have replied I can go ahead with the appointment.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
jonnypne
Tuning in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

hi again i have had a visit from the engineer and he fitted a signal booster and brought all the figures in spec but im still not getting the sppeds i should he tested it whilst he was here and it went up to 178 which was great but now the have dropped down again i have just run a speed test using an ethernet cable and im only getting 20.86 so i need help again please so could advise as to what the next step is 

thanks jonny

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

first thing is repost all the levels 

also rerun the speedtest with SH in modem mode

Tony
0 Kudos
jonnypne
Tuning in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

hi here are all the levels as requestedupstream.PNGdownstream.PNG

0 Kudos
jonnypne
Tuning in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

hi again done test in modem mode and its the same as really

thanks again

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

they look good - see what VM say

Tony
0 Kudos
jonnypne
Tuning in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

ok will do thanks could you flag it please in the hope that they see it sooner as i seem to wait forever for them on here

thanks in advance 

0 Kudos