Menu
chook21
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

internet is rubbish

Why has my WiFi suddenly gone very bad since last week can't use two or three things now if my son is on his ps4 live my phone keeps disconnecting never been like this before

0 Kudos
warlockuk
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: internet is rubbish

I'm getting something similar in South-west Manchester.  Wifi was terrible, particularly the 5G.

Restarted the router this morning and now the internet disconnects every few minutes, even on wired devices.  Most annoying.

0 Kudos
chook21
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The trouble with virgin is when you ring up they do nothing about it they will do a test from there side then tell you there's nothing wrong ,my area wn5 is shocking at the moment you can't use two devices at the same time only started last week when they did maintenance in my area

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

First of all I would check the actual connection by doing speed tests with a device connected directly to the hub by ethernet cable. I would test during the day and again during evening peak times to check for any possible contention issues.

Wireless is too unreliable to test the actual connection speed as it is affected by a myriad of external factors outside any ISP's control.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey guys,

Thanks for posting and apologies for the wireless connection problems you're experiencing.

As griffin said, there's many factors that can cause wireless interference. Often changing the operating wireless channel will improve the performance of your wireless connections.

We've got a helpful article here - Changing the Virgin Media router's wireless channel / frequency that will show you how to log into your Hub and make the changes.

Would you have a go and let us know if this helps,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos