Menu
Mhooper42
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

insufficent bandwidth message

I am trying to watch HD and 4k content and being told I have insufficient band with. I have supfibre 100.acc no. *********.

Thanks Mike

[MOD EDIT: For your security personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: insufficent bandwidth message

Perhaps some more detail might give a chance of some help?

What HD and 4K are you watching from what source through what applications?

0 Kudos
Mhooper42
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sorry, watching Amazon prime The Grand Tour through a LG Smart tv with wired connection.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

UHD probably needs around 15-20 Mb. 

Is your streaming the only user of your bandwidth at the time you see this error?

Does your Smart TV have any way of measuring the speed it is getting from your Superhub or your own router, if you have one?

0 Kudos
Buffer6
Trouble shooter
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I've had the same problem with Amazon prime in the past few weeks, some of the selection that is available plays OK and some comes up with insufficient bandwidth when using my Sony Blu-Ray/smart box to the TV hard wired to the SHub in router mode, previous to that everything worked OK, although when checking, all the content selected plays OK on the PC.  Several broken up phone connections to Indian support doesn't help either.  I'm not sure if the fault is with Virgin's or Amazon's prime bandwidth or the SHub's allocation.  All the connections in the SHub3's panel are reading at 1000Mb although the aux device is showing as unknown in the SHub3.  and my TV is HD not 4k

_DSC0299

hub%20connections

0 Kudos
Buffer6
Trouble shooter
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Update: seems now to be sorted. I disconnected the RJ45 cat5e cable from the hub and the smart box and then tried the Internet and Amazon prime with the smart box it then asked for the cable to be connected after which it gave me a code on the TV screen to put into http://Amazon.co.uk/mytv

after which it then created a new device connection and that seems to have sorted it out, at least for now, touch wood. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos