Menu
macsmurf
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

iPhone shows "VPN" when connecting to Virgin router

I stayed at my daughter's flat a couple of nights ago: when I needed to connect to their wifi, she gave me the (customised) name of their wifi network, and the password was the original one on the underside of the Virgin router. When I connected my iPhone, the "VPN" symbol appeared at the top of the screen, and I noticed her iPhone was doing the same thing. I didn't think much of this at the time, but now I'm concerned that their router may have been hacked. Has anyone else ever seen this?

With thanks,

Paul

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: iPhone shows "VPN" when connecting to Virgin router

Hey Paul,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the forum Smiley Very Happy

I appreciate that you've approached us here on the community for support. I have to be honest, I've not experienced this before and as an Apple user myself, I've never seen the VPN icon appear on any of my devices.

If you're concerned about the security of your daughters wireless network, please advise her to log into her Hub and change the wireless password to something unique and secure. Instructions on how to do this can be found on this help article.

I'll leave this thread open for other members of the community to jump on if they have any further advice.

Thanks again for posting,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos