Menu
Toriachels
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

iPad Pro 9.7 5ghz WiFi connection issues

Hi, I got a iPad Pro 9.7 for Christmas. Go to connect to our WiFi on it for the first time and it keep telling me the password for our 5G network was incorrect (despite many other devices being connected and typing in the correct password), after about an hour of trying our entire internet went to pot. Spent 2 hours on the phone to help who had to completely restart our line, all devices connected fine when the issue was resolved - including my iPad. But restarted iPad yesterday and now again it’s not connecting to the 5ghz WiFi saying “incorrect password”, and yes i’m typing the correct one in. 

I read online iPad Pro’s have had difficulty connecting to 5ghz networks, but I connected fine after our line was reset and worked perfectly for a good couple of days until device reset.

I should note it does run ok on the 2ghz network, except loading videos can be tricky and wondering also if the not perfect 2ghz connection would mess with any future software updates and app updates. So ideally I would like to be able to connect to 5ghz on the iPad.

Have tried resetting internet, forgetting networks, resetting network but still getting the “incorrect password” for 5ghz. Same password for 2ghz works and connects.

Went to Twitter and was directed to this forum so.. 

Any idea what I need to do to resolve this issue? 

0 Kudos
Tudor
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: iPad Pro 9.7 5ghz WiFi connection issues

Have you split the WiFi 2.4 and 5Ghz bands into 2 SSIDs. I have always had mine split and are using an iPad Pro to type this. Always run it on the 5Ghz band 

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't
0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: iPad Pro 9.7 5ghz WiFi connection issues

If Tudor's hint doesn't work, please let us know what the security settings are for your WiFi. Imperfect settings can reject a password, though in that case it should never work.

Not that it's any consolation, but my iPad Pro 12" has never had a problem connecting to anything, ever.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos