Menu
willdonaldson
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

iCloud email not working through wifi

Help!

I cannot access email (iCloud) through my home wifi. Other email works fine and iCloud does when tethered to a mobile. Have deleted and reestablished accounts with no success. 

Will

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: iCloud email not working through wifi

Hi Will,

Bit of a strange one, any error message, what device are you connecting on? Is this a new issue or has never worked on your VM connection.

Cheers

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
willdonaldson
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ralph,

Thanks for getting back.

The issue has been when connecting from any of my Apple devices, including my family devices. Only when through my VM router (whether direct or through the Time Capsule I have), and not when slaved to e.g. a mobile. Funnily enough, it started working last night for a while but has since stopped. 

The error message is from Apple and very generic.

I've not had an issue before a couple of weeks ago. My wife and I have separate iCloud accounts and have the same problem.

Complicated I think but would welcome your thoughts. 

0 Kudos
DeltaOne
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I'm having exactly the same problem.

icloud mail will only update over 4G, but fails to sync over Virgin Wifi.

It only started being an issue last week after working fine ever since all the settings were set up.

Any ideas as to what the issue is?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello Both

Interesting I wonder what is going on, are you able to reach the site https://www.icloud.com/#mail or is it a signing in issue? 

If you are unable to reach the site it may be worth trying a traceroute to it and posting the results.

Thanks

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
sinnisimpson
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I've had the same issues since Saturday (21st Jan). I was on the phone to Virgin Media tech support for an hour and a half last night and spoke to 3 different people with no resolution. They don't seem to know what the issue is and blame Apple.

I have spoken to Apple Support too but as it is an isolated issue on the Virgin Media network, they can't identify how to resolve it. 

I have tried access iCloud Mail and other iCloud services using an iPhone, iPad, iMac and a PC browser. None of them are able to access using my Virgin Media home wifi network. When I am at work on a different wifi network, there is no issue. When I am on 4G there is no issue. 

Can anyone else help with this?!
Thanks

0 Kudos