Menu
trapster
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

i dont own a kindle but keep getting 3 showing as connected to superhub 2ac ?

hi

I have a superhub 2ac and when I log in and look at the connected devices it shows 3 kindles ?

we don't own any kindles in the house, so I have taken the mac address from the 3 kindles and put them in the mac address filtering, and put block all day, but when I reboot the router they reconnect ?

we have a lot of wireless device in the house, so unless for some weird reason one of the genuine devices shows as a kindle ? but I assume its someone local to us logging onto the wifi ? it has a password which is not the standard hub password plus like I said I have taken the mac address and blocked it as far as I can tell ?

so should blocking the kindles via mac address stop them from connecting to the router or will it just block internet access ?

0 Kudos
Bluey_UK
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: i dont own a kindle but keep getting 3 showing as connected to superhub 2ac ?

Hi, Which Mac filtering section are you blocking them from ? just that I have found in the past that the main MAC filtering section is not reliable for WiFi devices and have had to go into each wireless groups settings for 2.4Ghz & 5Ghz primary settings and blocked them from there.

Answer to your last question, It should block them from connecting to router.

trapster
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: i dont own a kindle but keep getting 3 showing as connected to superhub 2ac ?

First off I only have 2.4ghz turned on, and I am using the Mac filtering from the security part under advanced settings so you think I should use the wireless Mac filtering under advanced / wireless / primary network 2.4ghz ?

i still don't understand why 3 kindles would be connected how would they get my wireless password ? And why kindles of all devices? I was wondering if it is something in our house that for some reason logs it as a kindle ?

0 Kudos
trapster
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Ok I have now added the 3 kindle MAC address to the wireless MAC address area as suggested and that seems to have booted them from the router.

just need to work out how they connected in the first place

0 Kudos
Bluey_UK
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

trapster wrote:

Ok I have now added the 3 kindle MAC address to the wireless MAC address area as suggested and that seems to have booted them from the router.

just need to work out how they connected in the first place

The owners of the kindles could be oblivious to the fact they had locked onto your router so the devices would show as "connected" but not actually authenticated to access data. At least you booted them now :-)

Budham
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

If you have any Amazon Echo's or Dot's connected then they appear as kindles.

trapster
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

nope don't have amazon dots or echos but I do have firesticks ? could it be that I wonder ?

0 Kudos
Budham
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I don't have any fire sticks but have read that they also appear as kindles. If you have three then that's the answer.

teabag
Problem sorter
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Amazon Fire tablets also show up as Kindles.
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.