Menu
turbop45
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

hub 3

hi I have the old super hub 1 and experience rubbish coverage around my house with wifi, my hub is in the living room and I have vivid 100. I struggle to run a ps4 and mobile phones at the same time. eg, if my son is on his ps4 and im on my fone, his game lags until I turn off my fone wifi. I have bought a wifi repeater to help but not greatly improved it. virgin have told me that my dinosaur super hub is fine for vivid 100 but would a super hub 3 (which ive been told has better wifi coverage)  be any better or maybe a different router altogether? something is definitely a miss as 100mb should definitely not struggle. all help would be greatly appreciated.

turbop45   

0 Kudos
turbop45
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: hub 3

sorry the ps4 is upstairs not near the hub but still only about 8meters away an the repeater is just outside his room on the landing   

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: hub 3

Hi turbop45,

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the community.

Sorry to read that you are having issues with the wireless signal.

Looking at your connection, the downstream power levels are high and as this can have an impact on your connection I would like to book an engineer to adjust these for you. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) requesting some details.

In regards to the wireless, this could be due to interference, have you tried to change the wireless channel to see if that improves the connection?

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos