Menu
xboss
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

hub 3

Hi

I have previously had a VPN set up (on the hub 2) through a VPS service using openvpn on any devices that I wanted to access the vpn.

my question is can I set my hub 3 to direct some or all of my devices to my vpn or do I have to use openvpn client on each device

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: hub 3

You would have to use an openVPN client on each device or get a third party router that supports openVPN with the Hub 3 in modem mode.  I use a Netgear R7000 which supports openVPN although I have not tried using it yet.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

0 Kudos
xboss
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply I thought this was the only solution it just seems pointless having an all singing and dancing super hub and then still having to have more devices for what seems to me to be a simple task ☹️
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I would never describe any of the VM hubs as all singing and dancing.  I would also consider setting up VPN on a router to be a fairly niche activity (at least until the snoopers charter becomes law) that I'd be surprised if many ISP provided routers supported it.

I'm thankful that at least modem mode with my own router customised to my needs is an option with VM.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

0 Kudos
xboss
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It might be a niche market at the moment, but we are already being told which websites we can and can't visit (mainly blocked from copywrite infringement ) but we are being geoblocked aswel from iptv . Not to mention targeted advertising
0 Kudos