Menu
TonyB001
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

hub 3 wifi with ios devices

Hi Guys

Having nightmare with very slow connections from all ios devices to my hub 3, iphone 5 & 5s and ipad pro, my android tablet connects ok and speed is fine, laptop connects at over 100mbs but that is 5k. Are there known problems with ios or a sweet setting that works best.

Typically the devices are timing out when on internet, so server not found is quite common. Sometimes the devices work fine but that is rare, only fitted Saturday but I need these devices to update my work page.

Oh just as a side note, they worked fine on sky and their ios is up to date

Thanks brainy bods

Tony

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: hub 3 wifi with ios devices

Hi Tony,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear that you're having slow speeds on your iOS devices. Do you know if they're connecting on the 2G or 5G side of the network? It might help to log into your Hub and re-name your networks so you can tell them apart, doing this you can be sure what network each device is using.

Also, are your Apple devices up to date with the latest iOS?

Catch up with you again soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
TonyB001
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hub diagnosed as faulty so replacement sent, replacement found to be more faulty than the first, so first hub put back in until engineer visit to diagnose fault.

IOS up to date, but I set up a guest network left at its defaults and it performs totally different to the default network, it is faster, almost acceptable.

Figure that 1 out lol
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hey Tony,

Thanks for the update Smiley Happy

This certainly is a strange fault!

Would you mind updating us after the engineer? I'll be interested in knowing how this plays out.

I really appreciate your patience,

Take care.

Heather_J

0 Kudos
TonyB001
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Of course I'll keep you updated,

Engineer visit not until 22nd because I refused to take anymore time off work over this virgin installation, baring in mind vm decided to change initial install date without telling me

btw have tried all channels but only got worse, thought it may be interference from next door drowning me out but they have moved now so neatly ruled out, next door now empty and am end terrace so can rule out interference now I think. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Evening TonyB001,

Hope you're well Smiley Happy

Just popping by to see how you're getting on following your appointment today.

Let me know if I can do anything else to help.

Take care.

Heather_J

0 Kudos
thetonyclifton
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I am having a similar issue too and have posted a question about it, not yet answered.

Mine was installed on Sunday and while the internet works and the WiFi works, my android phone just won't play nice and constantly drops out or has next to no signal. Other android phones and iOS work but some are wildly inconsistent.

So keen on any possible fixes before I call for an engineer.
0 Kudos
TonyB001
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

TBH I had to cancel the engineer visit because I was having virgin installed at my business and vm knew this when booking engineer visit.

Had really cold reception to my requests to get engineer to my home sooner rather than later as I could not be late for the business install, all they would do is keep ramming down my throat the booking is for between 8 - 12, so at 11:30 had no choice but to cancel, feel really undervalued and now believe virgin don't give a toss about their customers as long as you sign on the dotted line.

Oh just as a side note, they screwed up the business install too, so all in all a very frustrating day, really looking forward to tomorrow when my business has no phone or broadband

I'll be counting the days until my contract runs out
0 Kudos