Menu
rob_buckingham
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

hub 3.0 ip blocking

Can anyone please help me to block my sons internet access on the new super hub 3? It was quite easy on the super hub 2 but although it looks like it's much more flexible to set times to block internet access I'm struggling to do it. At the moment he's on the guest network and I'm turning that off every night but it's far from ideal.
Thanks for any help

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Hoodstermidland
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: hub 3.0 ip blocking

I require the same functionality, or information on how i know which ports to block

All Replies
Hoodstermidland
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I require the same functionality, or information on how i know which ports to block

rob_buckingham
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Good luck getting any help,I'm still relying on my sons honesty.......
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi rob_buckingham

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

In regards to timed based filtering within the Hub 3.0, unfortunately this is not a function that is available.

You can set up MAC filtering for certain devices or disable the wireless as an alternative.

I'm sorry that this is not available for you to use and the inconvenience caused.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
nofunnelly
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Samantha_L,
Is this functionality planned for introduction any time soon? It is an extremely important functionality for parents. So much so that I'm considering moving to one of the alternate suppliers that offer routers with super easy app based controllers for switching access on and off just like that! And suggestions in other posts to simply go out and buy a wifi router which is controllable in my view miss the point of why anyone puts up with high monthly fees for service in the first place. I already pay for the virgin hardware, why should I have to spend another £150 for another box which does what the hub3 should already be capable of?

The interface for both MAC and IP filtering by time is included in the Hub 3.0 but it just doesn't work correctly at the moment. e.g. I found that MAC filtering by time just filters the device selected ALL the time. So it looks like someone thinks this should be included, and maybe has a plan in place to include it soon; it just needs someone to make it actually work. Is there a plan for that and a date for rollout?

Also, I don't know why this post is marked as solved, it clearly isn't that. It may be answered, but not solved. The solution at the moment appears to be hang onto your Hub 2ac, or move supplier.
rob_buckingham
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It's far from solved indeed. I too will be talking to another supplier in the new year.
0 Kudos