Menu
hannibaljon
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

has router 3 blocked ebay and ikea

Sat 7/1/17, tried to open ebay. Message read "You don't have permission to access "http://www.ebay.co.uk/" on this server. Reference #18.bb476768.1483890207.560af7a3".

At the same time found out everything connected to the router had the same problem.

Contacted VM who said "nothing wrong at there end. Read about changing the DNS to 8.8.8.8. 8.8.4.4. but didn't help, same message.

VM gadget help said fault was in my PC. But how do two laptops, one desktop and four mobiles get the same fault at the same time ?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: has router 3 blocked ebay and ikea

@hannibaljon  

Looks similar to the issue described here:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-wireless/Access-Denied-You-don-t-have-permission-...

The error is being sent by the web servers, so the fault lies with the remote sites not VM.  They could be blocking your IP address for some reason.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

cybmole
Community elder
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

much discussion re ebay in the access denied thread, it would be useful if your report could be added there.

but you are the first to report an issue with Ikea- can you post the exact error message for that site. and can you contact them to ask if there is a problem with your IP address. ignore the gadget rescue suggestion. this not a device error as you have it on all devices, so it is your hub or those sites' servers.

maybe you and other sufferers should also post your VM region is case the bug is only in one geo area.

and we should also be asking , does this happen if you try to go to the site's home page, and not to some saved URL

PS if you google "You don't have permission to access "http://www.ebay.co.uk/" on this server" and check the search results you will find that it happens to some non-Virgin customers also. the 1st result is from a BT customer.

it begins to look like a server overload issue at ebay. they perhaps route some traffic to other servers which are misconfigured for permissions

finally - thouh it is probably not the cause it would not hurt to look for any proxy settings and change them, your device browsers,as per this "

The default setting is "Use system proxy settings" and you also could try "No proxy

it is possible to install stuff/ agree to stuff that changes proxy settings without you noticing. I had it happen once in agreeing to some consumer survey deal & lost internet until I changed it back.

ditto for VPNs , child safe, and ad blocking solutions that mess with proxy settings

All Replies
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Anything that blocks ebay and ikea gets my vote   Smiley Happy

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@hannibaljon  

Looks similar to the issue described here:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-wireless/Access-Denied-You-don-t-have-permission-...

The error is being sent by the web servers, so the fault lies with the remote sites not VM.  They could be blocking your IP address for some reason.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

cybmole
Community elder
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

much discussion re ebay in the access denied thread, it would be useful if your report could be added there.

but you are the first to report an issue with Ikea- can you post the exact error message for that site. and can you contact them to ask if there is a problem with your IP address. ignore the gadget rescue suggestion. this not a device error as you have it on all devices, so it is your hub or those sites' servers.

maybe you and other sufferers should also post your VM region is case the bug is only in one geo area.

and we should also be asking , does this happen if you try to go to the site's home page, and not to some saved URL

PS if you google "You don't have permission to access "http://www.ebay.co.uk/" on this server" and check the search results you will find that it happens to some non-Virgin customers also. the 1st result is from a BT customer.

it begins to look like a server overload issue at ebay. they perhaps route some traffic to other servers which are misconfigured for permissions

finally - thouh it is probably not the cause it would not hurt to look for any proxy settings and change them, your device browsers,as per this "

The default setting is "Use system proxy settings" and you also could try "No proxy

it is possible to install stuff/ agree to stuff that changes proxy settings without you noticing. I had it happen once in agreeing to some consumer survey deal & lost internet until I changed it back.

ditto for VPNs , child safe, and ad blocking solutions that mess with proxy settings

hannibaljon
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply. I'll check later.
0 Kudos
hannibaljon
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Don't want to take up too much space, just an update. Problem righted it 'self today before I could try anything. Thanks anyway.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi hannibaljon

Welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear that you were experiencing issues accessing some particular websites. Great to hear that it's resolved itself though. Any further problems please let us know.

Kind regards,

Ty

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos