Menu
sparky208
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

dhcp problems

I wonder if one of the community team members could help me arrange a new router? I am having an issue with theDHCP server in my SuperHub 2AC not dishing out IP addresses. I had the same problem with a previous SuperHub after a couple of months and whilst this replacement has lasted a lot longer, it too has gone the same way.

At first I though it was my Apple TV but then all my other devices followed. I have tried resetting the router to factory defaults, changing the DHCP settings, changing forwarded ports, resetting the router, removing all devices and power cycling everything but the router just wont dish out IP addresses. The same is true for both wired and wireless connections.

Things work OK if I set static IPs but I cant do that with a couple of my devices. Could one of the crew help me out? I tried to sort this over the phone last time and it was a complete nightmare!

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: dhcp problems

Hi sparky208,

sparky208 wrote:

I wonder if one of the community team members could help me arrange a new router? ....

I can and have Smiley Happy

Thanks for trying the factory reset as that's the first thing I'd have asked you to attempt. This has saved time and I've ordered a replacement Hub for you.

• It should arrive within a few days (mid-next week I'd guess).
  • The courier is Yodel and they'll leave contact details for re-delivery arrangements if needed.
  • A text will be sent (to the mobile number we have listed for you) the day prior to delivery advising of the ETA.
  • Full set-up & activation instructions will be included.

Keep us updated on how you get on with itSmiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

sparky208
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Toplady Jen thank you for your help . i will let you no how how i get on super thanks : )
0 Kudos
HangarOne8
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Jen,

Apologies for reviving an old thread, but I am having very similar issues to what Sparky has described (same model). In addition, I have also attempted the same troubleshooting (including a factory reset) with similar results.

Would you be so kind as to also arrange a replacement for me, to save the hassle of a phonecall?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi HangarOne8,

No need to apologise, I'll be happy to help if I can Smiley Happy

Firstly though I shall need to locate your Hub so please respond to my PM (purple envelope icon, top right of page) with the requested information and I'll take a look for you.

Thanks Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
cubesdasda
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello Jen,

I am hoping you can also help me. I have identical problems. Factory reset the router a number of times with the reset button on the router and still have the same problem reoccur.

Thanks.

James

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi James, thanks for posting so we can help further could you please details exactly what the problem appears to be. I can see that you currently have the Hub in modem mode so the Hub settings wouldn't be a factor and the network checks I've run from this end all look good.

Speak to you soon.

Rgds

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Freser321
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I'm also having exactly the same issues albeit intermittent but regular, this has been happening for months after numerous resets it's getting a little tedious 

Regards

Tony

0 Kudos