emjot
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

devices disconnecting from superhub 2

Superhub 2 set up

2ghz - 144Mbs

5ghz - 54Mbs, used to be 217Mbs, but no difference

now both channels to auto - when playing and setting manual no difference. I am watching for wireless in neighbourhood and there are some with very week signals

Greenfield mode - greyed in no mater what settings I have.

Some devices, most often it is computers/laptops running win10 disconnect at random times and can not see the router at all. nothing helps until I restart the superhub.

Recently I had a problem with 5ghz connected device. It was not visible to any device (checked from two iphones and laptop running win7. the weird thing was that when checked superhub by login on to it from 2ghz the mac addres for 5ghz was da : b0 : 00 : 00 : 00 : 01. Restart helped as usual.

It is annoying to have to restart the router every few days. The process of restarting it last a while, few minutes. Maybe this is the case - router faulty?

MJ 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: devices disconnecting from superhub 2

Hi emjot, 

Thanks for the post! I am sorry to hear about your random disconnects. I apologise for any troubles incurred.

I have tested the connection from this side and everything looks great! No errors or time outs inside the Hubs logs and all of the power levels are within the preferred ranges. 

Are you still having these issues? If so, please respond to me here with a recent copy of your Hubs logs for me to compare with the data we have here.

Also, have you tried a factory reset of the Hub to see if that helps?

Speak soon, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Or get your own router, and put the SH into Modem mode.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 200Mb VM service with SH2 AC in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-N66U router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk.
0 Kudos
emjot
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

thank you guys for your reply.

I went threw the forum, which probably I should start with, and 2 thing come to my mind.

As the majority is saying that appropriate drivers would works, would be nice to have a list of drivers which works for the chipsets of wireless network adaptors. I think VM is not interested in such thing as they offering a fix buy sending a man to install it for money. So if somebody already found working drivers it would be very appreciated to poste this information somewhere on the forum. I haven't found one.

Other thing is as Superhub 2 does make a problem in the network with some devices,and other routers does not, maybe its software is not written with current standards. It would be easier to make a claim for VM to netgear to make this right, as VM might be one of the biggest customers of Netgear, and would make a lot of customers much happy an ready to stay with VM longer/forever.

MJ

0 Kudos