Menu
Freddyboy86
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

connecting an amazon fire tablet to wireless

Hi can anyone help please I have bought an amazon fire tablet and cannot connect it wirelessly to my superhub  I forgot my password and the tablet keeps asking me for it , I have type in the  letters that are on bottom of hub but it still comes up    strong signal but having authentication problems  I am now completely lost having tried all my old 85yr old brain can do .thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: connecting an amazon fire tablet to wireless

if you have forgotten the password you will need to factory reset the superhub to reset the passwords back to the default ones on the bottom of the SH.
you can do this by holding the reset in for 30 seconds using a paperclip
0 Kudos
Dpostle
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I'm not sure this is a password problem - more a problem with Virgin Security Settings. I have the same problem on an Amazon Fire - connects perfectly to wifi on a non virgin wifi, a hotspot and I believe on a range extender - but fails on Virgin WPA settings. There seem to be lots of posts about amazon kit not working on Virgin - just can't work out the answer yet
0 Kudos
Freddyboy86
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for reply I could not get any help from so virgin Gadget rescue only a load of rubbish and being conned into joining them . I saw a lad of about 12 yrs old and he came in and within 5 minutes he sorted it out .Tablet wiorks ok now . so certainly will not contact virgin again for help.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Freddyboy86,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the problems you've had in connecting your tablet and for the lack of support from Gadget Rescue.

Good to hear that you've resolved this now, if we can help with anything here on the forum, please let us know.

All the best,

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos