Menu
parkerhardie
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

connecting a NOW TV box to the Superhub 2 Router

Hi there

First time posting so be gentle please.

I have bought a not tv box and I have been trying to connect to the Virgin Superhub 2.  I cannot get it to connect - is there anyone else that has had similar probs and managed to get it to connect.  I spent over an hour online chat to now tv last night and then a further hour on the phone to Virgin but still nothing happening.

I have tried all the online helps - ie press home key 5 x fast forward etc etc which takes me to a hidden screen and I disable the pins.  Tried different channels on the hub 1/6/11 and nothing - has anyone else got any suggestions.  Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: connecting a NOW TV box to the Superhub 2 Router

Hey there parkerhardie,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear about the difficulties you're having getting your Now TV box up and running. I've got one and I had to fiddle with it. I had to disable the network pings to be able to get network access, but you said you've tried this.

Are you positive that when you access the hidden menu, you are disabling the network pings and saving the changes? Other wise it won't be affective.

Hope to hear back from you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
parkerhardie
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Heather - I did eventually get a connection but only via an ethernet cable - couldnt get the wireless to work.  Yes defo disabled the pings and with the cable had to enable them!

thanks for the reply.

0 Kudos
Nigelnovice
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Do you have any BTwith FON unsecure wifi points nearby? I have a Roku box and I cannot get my remote to pair with it due to BT as mine uses wifi to pair and I can only assume its BT causing issue as I can pair when I take it to work and try
0 Kudos