Menu
Ian003
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

connect bt hub 5 to my virgin hub 3

Please Help, virgin hub 3 has limited access control for me to limit my kids time on line.

Is it possible for me to connect my BT homehub 5 to my existing virgin hub 3 as I need to use the access control on bt. Would all the Ethernet ports work as well as the wireless on the bt hub?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: connect bt hub 5 to my virgin hub 3

Hello Ian003,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

I know not having the option to limit access is a pain, I have fed this back.

I am not 100% sure if you can use the BT homehub as a router, but I do know that you can put your Hub 3 into Modem Mode and use a 3rd party router such as Netgear or Belkin, that would have these features.

If your Hub 3 is in modem mode, only the first Ethernet port is active so you can plug your router into that port and use the ports on your additional router for all of your hard-wired devices.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Ian003
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks very much for your help Heather. That seems to clear up my query as to using the BT home hub as all I can get it to work is the wireless. I have asked over the telephone to Virgin help to swap my Hub 3 for the earlier Hub 2 that had half decent access control but they would not let me and said the Hub 3 has access control. I have followed the instructions for the access control on the Hub 3, (it looks as if it is set up) but it will not work.

I will look at getting a Netgear or similar to run off the Super Hub 3.

Thanks for your help

Ian Nicholls

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey Ian,

Thanks for getting back to me Smiley Very Happy

A Netgear router wouldn't be a bad idea, it'll give you additional configuration options.

If you do decide to go for a 3rd party router, let me know if you need help setting it up.

I appreciate you keeping your thread up to date.

Have a great weekend,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos