Menu
hausser
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

compensation for broadband outage

My Virgin Media Broadband has been completely non-functional for the past 2 weeks. I reported the fault to Virgin Media on 12 January (reference F004864297), and was told that there were "repairs underway in the area". I asked when these repairs would be complete and was told "around February 15”. I made a further call to the helpline on 14 January and they were again unable to diagnose or fix the problem. I remain without broadband in my home. I would like to point out that my broadband has been poor or intermittent since the new hub was installed over 4 months ago - I have reported this problem previously and it was not resolved.

It is completely unacceptable for broadband service to be interrupted for more than one day - let alone for two weeks. I work from home so this is seriously impacting my professional life. In addition to my work being disrupted, please note that all my other subscriptions and services that depend on broadband access - such as Amazon Prime, Netflix, Nest Thermostat, digital radio etc - have also been inaccessible during this time.

Can you please let me know the procedure for obtaining compensation for this completely inadequate service. I would also like to terminate my contract with Virgin Media.

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: compensation for broadband outage

I would suggest you contact the UK based Retentions Team during normal office hours.  150 from a VM phone or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and follow the prompts  1  >  4  >  5  to 'Thinking of leaving us'.  This team can deal with a whole variety of issues.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi hausser,

I am sincerely sorry for your loss of broadband service. I have just tested your connection and your Hub is now showing as being online with a number of connected devices.
This would seem to indicate that the previous issues have been successfully addressed. How it the Internet performing for you now? If you have any new or ongoing problems please post an update and we'll be happy to help out Smiley Happy

Kind regards,

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
anthony_b
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Been down since 630. Been told massive outage for area 21.

Was given a number to leave my mobile to get updates but it doesn't work.
0 Kudos
Ramseshadri
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Anthony - quick question. How long has your broadband been down? I'm in North London and working from home and it has completely disrupted my day.
0 Kudos
anthony_b
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

It's 4 hours now!!

Poor you

It's not very good with the constant price hikes yet we keep getting these outages. I guess it's one of those things but very frustrating as I needed the wifi desperately tonight
0 Kudos
Ramseshadri
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

And this could be a multi week problem? They are so keen on new customers that they forget to maintain their network properly.
0 Kudos
anthony_b
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Too true and keep charging more and more yet not dealing with same old issues.

Saying that I had a very polite and friendly person on the phone tonight and generally I have the same help from other people at VM
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi hausser and others,

I'm so sorry as we do have an outage in London at the moment, fault ref: F005048079.

We don't have much information on it just yet aside from the fact that our engineers are working hard to get this resolved ASAP. I shall check for updates when I return in the morning. 

Honest apologies for the inconvenience Smiley Sad

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
anthony_b
Fibre optic
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jen

Thanks for that but it's not the first time. It's not your fault so appreciate your help.
It's just very frustrating that we keep having to pay more and more yet we still get the same issues
0 Kudos