Menu
petefortune
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

changing wifi password

Hi, I am trying to change my Wi-Fi password on my hub 3.0 but cant seem to do it.

I have gone online to 192.168.0.1 - it asks me for my settings password to log in. When I type in the settings password on the base of the hub isn't accepted (I don't think I have changed it in the past but, maybe, by mistake).

How can I find out my settings password, or change it, so that I can log in to then be able to change my Wi-Fi password?

Thanks

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: changing wifi password

Find the Reset hole on the back of the hub. Push a pin or paperclip into the hole and press the button inside. Hold it down for at least 20 seconds. Then disconnect and reconnect the power. When it comes back on line you will be able to use the settings password.

0 Kudos
petefortune
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you but I just tried that (twice) but it still doesn't accept it? It just says 'The password you entered is incorrect'

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Are you sure you are using the settings password, and not the WiFi password?

Otherwise you can either phone 150 for support, or wait until the forum staff catch up with this thread - could be 2 or 3 days.

0 Kudos
petefortune
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi, Yes definitely using the settings password (although I did try the Wi-Fi password too just in case).  Ill wait a few days and then ring 150 if no joy. Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello petefortune

Welcome to our forum, I am sorry you are having problems accessing the hub, please may I ask have you tried to do it from another device, it may be worth attempting that just in case there is a browser or firewall issue. 

Please keep us updated as we can send you a new hub if we needs be.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
petefortune
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nicola,

I have tried to do it from my phone, a laptop, and an Ipad. Each time it says 'The password you entered is incorrect'.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi petefortune,

So sorry about this. I'll happily replace your Hub for you but first, just in case, please attempt a factory reset once more.

Then locate the settings access password from the label on the bottom of your Hub.

Thanks Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos