Menu
tryingagain
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

cannot access internet without page freezing every time!!!

none of my internet sites are working, as soon as I log in or try to see a page the whole page freezes and I have to shut it down... I am unable to log out ...what the hell is going on please.            I am unable to use my internet... my bill was increased recently even tho I had not changed my package...     I am paying £42 plus for a service of broadband only?          Now I cannot get that!         I have asked for things to be sorted out before and the staff were rude to me and so I am reluctant to phone you!!!              last September one guy was very rude to me...     I had not said anything to him he was just ranting at me...             so please investigate why I am not able to access and use the internet!                    and also please investigate why I seemingly am paying so much!              I feel you may have linked my line with someone elses and they are feeding off my connection!             I have asked about this before.....                    for four years my phoneline was dead, and finally engineers reconnected me but acted very sheepishly as though there was something wrong... please please get all this sorted out for me ...                    I am not able to use the phoneline so need you to work it out via email as the phoneline way was abusive...so please just sort it thankyou........please let me know if you are unable to via email... and I will have to work out what to do from there!                     If I cannot use my internet why should I pay £43 a month?

Please will someone from virgin respond and help me..... I have been a customer for 20 years and think its something you should take into account....   or is it a case of me being a fool!  Please email a response or post a letter as I may not be able to access my emails the way this is going!  I wander why the screen has not frozen while I'm writing...will I be able to post this...lets try...

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: cannot access internet without page freezing every time!!!

I cant send an engineer as I dont work for VM.

Super Users (me) are paying customers just like you, we just give some of our time to help on here. The metrics Ive asked you for let us see if there's anything can be done your end,  or if we need to escalate to VM staff for more support.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

You wont get a call or email from staff as they dont do outbound calls and there is no facility for support by email..

So we can help us to help you, can you

Go to your Superhub Log in screen

Do NOT log in.

Little button top right.....

Can you post Upstream, Downstream and Network logs.

Screen caps are nice, C&P will do- Don't stress about formatting if you C&P. Someone will get a look and see if there's anything obvious amiss.

0 Kudos
tryingagain
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I'm not sure I can do that ... will try... but would prefer you send out an engineer if no one can help me I think it shows how much virgin care,  and email or whatever would help but no doubt its easier to leave it like this....             I feel sometimes that you would prefer to have us cancel altogether... as if the company was concerned then it would be easier to access help.                        I am 64 and not that up on computer jargon.... I see that the government is tracking everything now...               obviously this has had its issues..........  I feel you already know absolutly every time I open the darn laptop and already have access to the information you are asking me to send you..........  if that is the case please sort it out for me........

This time round I was told to sign in in order to reply to you........  however... when I wrote my first message I was NOT signed in....   but you still got it! to me this means security is well out of hand on here.......... if you do not hear from me tonight it means I have been unable to access the info you are needing.

I would appreciate some help on this matter if you can as at £42 a month I feel I deserve some sort of input on your behalf, not to be left with no use and no broadband at all,  hope you can help me more than you have at the moment...

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I cant send an engineer as I dont work for VM.

Super Users (me) are paying customers just like you, we just give some of our time to help on here. The metrics Ive asked you for let us see if there's anything can be done your end,  or if we need to escalate to VM staff for more support.

0 Kudos
tryingagain
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

please pass this on to virgin I have had so many things go wrong over the past few years and wish to get to the bottom of it with them... I do not know how to do what you ask and need to have them look into my issues with the phone line and my email interupptions too....  all in all its all going wrong and so please I feel they should investigate it and get to the bottom of it once and for all...thankyou for your time on this..  I appreciate your help...but they need to take more responsibility at times...  thankyou          I shall wait for a response from them thankyou

0 Kudos
tryingagain
Joining in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Please can VM staff email me thankyou

0 Kudos
tryingagain
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I am very concerned as to what to do here........ it was suggested to me to phone them and ask for my speed to be reduced.........  but I was reluctant to ask as the laptop has been soooo slow and unresponsive even tho they have seemingly increased the speed???          I had a long and horrible conversation last time I tried to sort these issues out and prefer to just ask them to sort it as best they can...   obviously they know all that is going on.     Maybe if they reduce the spped it might help and price wise I feel I cannot afford it any more... not with the lack of use ... I am unable to get internet...  and the last few months my emails have gone amiss and the connection interuppted constantly........... if they cannot sort it or reduce my monthly charge maybe I am better to leave?   please respond Virgin as I would like an explanation as to why all this has gone so haywire.......... can you please reply via email or leave a message on my phone....... it would be appreciated  Tina

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi tryingagain,

I am sorry about your recent unhappy experiences and shall do my best to help.
I have just spent the best part of 20 minutes running diagnostic tests to your connection but am unable to find any fault, whether network or Hub related.

From your description it sounds as though your pc may benefit from antimalware scans. Do you happen to know what security software you have? This would be something such as Norton, Avira, Mcafee, AVG etc and the symbol or icon for it would most likely be viewed in the lower right corner of your computer screen. 

Don't worry though if you're unable to locate it.

I would like to know if you have access to a different pc or laptop and whether or not that displays the same freezing/loading issues?

With regards to your landline issues I shall need to ask one of my colleague's to take a look if you don't mind. I'm not familiar with telephone fault diagnostics and would like your line to be properly checked. 

Bye for now,

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello tryingagain,

Jen_A has just advised me that you're without a dial tone at the moment.

I have ran a couple of tests on your line and I'm unable to find a fault in the area at the moment so I would like to arrange for someone to visit your property and get this resolved for you so if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen you will see a message from me with further information.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
tryingagain
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your response... I will have to get back to you when the Christmas stuff is dealt with as else I will just go bang! thanks    have a good christmas 

0 Kudos