Menu
clubberlang
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

can i use 5ghz

MORNING IVE RECENTLY GOT THE HUB 3.0 BUT I CAN NOT SEEM TO SEE THE FREQUENCY IN SETTINGS WHEN I WANT TO CHOOSE A FREQUENCY.. THIS WAS AVAILABLE ON THE OLD HUB AS I WOULD LIKE TO USE 5 GHZ ON MY EQUIPMENT..   THANK YOU

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: can i use 5ghz

As delivered, the Hub 3.0 comes with a single SSID (wifi name) for both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz wifi bands and any device will connect to the best signal of these two if the device is capable of connecting to both bands.

If you would prefer, as I have done, you can separate the two bands out and have separate SSIDs for each so you can specifically connect to either.

To do this, you would logon to the Hub 3.0 at 192.168.0.1, the password is on the Hub if you have not changed it.

Once logged in, go to Advance settings, then Wireless then Security where you can change the SSID for either band to separate it from the other. You can also change the passwords if you want but there is no problem leaving them the same as they were before.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

As delivered, the Hub 3.0 comes with a single SSID (wifi name) for both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz wifi bands and any device will connect to the best signal of these two if the device is capable of connecting to both bands.

If you would prefer, as I have done, you can separate the two bands out and have separate SSIDs for each so you can specifically connect to either.

To do this, you would logon to the Hub 3.0 at 192.168.0.1, the password is on the Hub if you have not changed it.

Once logged in, go to Advance settings, then Wireless then Security where you can change the SSID for either band to separate it from the other. You can also change the passwords if you want but there is no problem leaving them the same as they were before.

clubberlang
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

thank you for the help and reply...
0 Kudos