Menu
mason124124
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

cable my street in Kings park

Hi Virgin Cable my street,

We have just moved to the Kings park, Romford, RM3 0LE. This is a very large new development area with around 200 houses and apartments. But the developer failed to provide any fibre optics to us when they build the house. Virgin is already covering our area as the people who live across the road has virgin service available to them. 

Can you tell us is there any plan that virgin will be connecting our street?

By the way, the old postcode for this area is RM3 0BE, if  I use this postcode, it shows virgin is available. Maybe it shows that cable my street for this area is much simpler task given the availability of the infrastructure.?

Thanks very much for your help.

Regards,

Wenzhe

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: cable my street in Kings park

Hi mason124124

Thanks for getting in touch about the Cable My Street query you have with us and a warm welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I've popped the information you've posted above off to our Lightning teams to see if they can let us know for you what plans we have regarding the postcodes provided and if we can update you with anything further we'll be back to let you know.

If the teams need me to get more information from you I'll pop back to check back in with you about that.

Speak soon!

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
mason124124
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Thanks very much Karen. I think the demand is high in our area. Please keep me updated.

Regards,
Wenzhe
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Wenzhe

No worries at all.

I've been advised that if you have registered with Cable My Street then your region may already be on our lists Smiley Happy

If you've not yet registered and fancy a bit on canvassing then let me know. If you want to drum up some interest I have some of our CMS leaflets we can send for you to pop through round the development. The more who sign up the more likely it is we will consider cabling if it's possible.

You mentioned as well the development is a new one so I'm linking in with our New Build teams too.

I'm going to check back with you if they say they need more details from you.

Take care and let me know about the leaflets Smiley Very Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Wenzhe

Thanks for sticking with us while I looked into this for you.

The teams have advised it sounds like a potentialy fesible opportunity for us but we don't have that much interest yet from your neighbours. If you are willing I could arrange to send leaflets to you for you to post drop to the surrounding homes? It's entirely up to you of course.

Should you want to take that on board I can send enough out for all the homes by you so with luck that will drum up enough interest in the community for them to sign up with us via CMS and you will then be on our Project Lightning radar Smiley Happy

I'll drop a pm to you for details if you feel this is something you'd like to do.

If not then no worries at all. I'm sure at some point your neighbours may realise they can expidite us looking at the area if they sign up online Smiley Happy

Cheers.

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hey Wenzhe

I hope you're well Smiley Happy

It's been a while lovely but it's great to hear back from you in the PM you sent to me confirming you've delivered the leaflets we sent to you for Cable My Street as you requested Smiley Happy

I've sent a message to our teams now to find out if there are any plans on the back of the leaflet drops you have done for the area to be cabled and to see if we can gauge the interest this has generated.

Once I hear back from them, I'll be back in touch with you Smiley Very Happy

Speak soon!

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hey Wenzhe

Just so you know that at present the uptake hasn't been sufficient for the teams to have this classed as an area f potential growth just yet.

I'll check back in again for you in a fortnight to see if this has changed. Just pop back on the forums on this thread to check back in at any time about this with us Smiley Happy

Cheers

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
mason124124
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen,

Thanks very much for your email. Can I ask how many registration you looking for? How far we from the target? Please let me know is there anything else I can do to achieve that.

Regards,

Wenzhe

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hey Wenzhe

I did ask the question for you but we don't have any information yet on what the percentages are for the uptake on the drop you have undertaken. 

I've put your question to the team to see if there is anything else we can do to help you raise awareness and interest in your area that may help raise its profile and therefore the likelihood of us possibly cabling in the future.

It all relies on the uptake and potential costs/barriers the area represents to the company so a lot of variables are factored into the process.

I'll let you know what they say Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos