Menu
BlackCountryBob
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

buffering

Hi

We've been with Virgin for 2 weeks having moved from TalkTalk (non-fibre).  I assumed that after now being on cable, we wouldn't suffer buffering or indeed pixelating images.

Have to say we're quite disappointed with what we've seen so far. iPlayer is very slow to load/exit and isn't greatly responsive.  If we pause live TV and then click again to play, it can quite often buffer/pixelate.  Even recorded programmes have been an issue.

This offering is very strange as broadband speed checks indicate we have at least 53 MB speed most of the time which was way better than we had with TalkTalk and yet our TV experience with their Youview box certainly is better than that we've had with the TiVO so far.

In addition to this (and I realise it's not part of this thread) we were very disappointed to find that you can't set a reminder without recording a programme (that you probably don't want to keep).  Also the black screen when listening to the radio via the TV is very disappointing. 

The way things are going, my other family members are already talking of leaving Virgin as soon as the 12 month contract expires.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: buffering

Hi BlackCountryBob,

Welcome to the Community!

I'm really sorry to hear you're having trouble with your services, not a good way to start!

I've run diagnostics on your equipment and I can see an issue with the signal that will need to be adjusted by a technician. I'd also like him to take a look at the hard drive in the box as this could be causing the recording issues.

As for the suggestions, I'm really sorry this feature is no longer available. Our development team are always taking feedback so I'll pass this on as it's a feature a lot of our customers miss.

I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange a technician appointment for you.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
BlackCountryBob
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Josh

Just picked up on something in your reply.  There isn't an issue with the recording.  Looking at various posts, there isn't a way just to set a reminder for a programme without recording it, just seems to be a strange way of doing things. Sometimes, you just want a reminder but don't want to record it.  Looks like Tivo would lose one of the tuners ability to record if it was able to just set reminders.

Thanks for all your help with this, very impressed with this community support!

Kev

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kev,

Thanks for getting back to me!

In your original message you mentioned an issue with your recordings. I just want to make sure we get everything sorted in one go when the technician arrives.

I know what you mean with the reminders, you may not always want to record something just to set a reminder for it! It's something that's been fed back to us quite a lot, too.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
BlackCountryBob
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Josh

Seems we were given a reconditioned box initially.  The engineer replaced it with a brand new box and so far, everything seems good.

Thanks for all your help in this matter, I'm very impressed with the support from the community!

Kind regards

Kev

0 Kudos