Menu
patfung
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

broadband reception

we live in an old house with very solid dividing walls. how well does virgin media broadband cope with wifi reception

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: broadband reception

hiya @patfung it doesn't is the best answer.. if you where to use a 3rd party router you would get larger coverage but will still have issues with the signal bouncing back.. if you have really thick walls would be possible looking at using access points in other rooms using homeplugs
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: broadband reception

Hi patfung,

Welcome to the forums. I hope the information paultechy has given you has helped. 

I have also taken a look at your connection and it seems that you are affected by fault ref F005078812 for slow speeds at peak times. The current review date is 12/04/2017. 

I would like to pop you a PM to discuss this further. Keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope, top right hand corner. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos