Menu
brassedoff22
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

broadband is not fit for purpose

I have been experiencing the same problems that people have posted about here all year myself.  I have made countless calls to 150 and each time a different person has a different solution, none of which have made the slightest difference.  I had an engineer come out and fit a new hub that again, has made no difference whatsoever.  It means that many of the services etc that I should be able to enjoy are either completely unavailable or are rendered unusable because of the constant drop outs.

Its no good Virgin keep on boasting about their broadband being the fastest if it doesn't work properly.

Anyway, I'm no expert on these matters but I'm sure there is an issue that could be reported officially to the ombudsman or trading standards as Virgin is proving a service (or product - I.E. the hub) that is not fit for the purpose for which it was sold.  Either that, or they are charging us all for a service that is not being provided as the service we are getting is not up to a reasonable standard.

Your thoughts anyone.....

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Sheza
Up to speed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: broadband is not fit for purpose

My thoughts would be:

Call -> Thinking of Leaving Us -> 'I'd like make an official complaint please' and then detail your complaint. If they don't resolve it to you satisfaction after a period outlined in their complaints policy (Google it) you can pass it on to an Ombudsman I believe.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Evening brassedoff22,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

My apologies that you are having issues with your broadband connection. I can imagine how frustrating this must be.

I've managed to locate your account and the upstream power levels are too high at 54 dBmV. I appreciate that you have had an engineer visit, however as this can cause an impact on your connection I would like to arrange for another engineer to get these adjusted. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) requesting some details.

There is also a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F004798785 and with a review date of 5th April 2017.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos

All Replies
Sheza
Up to speed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

My thoughts would be:

Call -> Thinking of Leaving Us -> 'I'd like make an official complaint please' and then detail your complaint. If they don't resolve it to you satisfaction after a period outlined in their complaints policy (Google it) you can pass it on to an Ombudsman I believe.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Evening brassedoff22,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

My apologies that you are having issues with your broadband connection. I can imagine how frustrating this must be.

I've managed to locate your account and the upstream power levels are too high at 54 dBmV. I appreciate that you have had an engineer visit, however as this can cause an impact on your connection I would like to arrange for another engineer to get these adjusted. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) requesting some details.

There is also a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F004798785 and with a review date of 5th April 2017.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
brassedoff22
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Sheza,  I have had a message from Virgin offering an engineers visit some I'm going to try that and see what happens but if the outcome is the same then I'll be looking into your suggestion.  Cheers

0 Kudos