Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 38 kudos

Port Forwarding Port Closed on Hub 3.0

I've been trying to set up a Minecraft server but I'm running into some issues.The router we've got is a Virgin Hub 3.0 and I've gotten through practically every other step of the set up bar port forwarding.  I'm absolutely sure i have entered the co...

Screenshot (481).png
Donal1 by Joining in
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

WFH using VPN:Zscaler

Hi all. I've been with Virgin over 3 years and for the last 4 weeks each time whilst working from home my connection has been dropping whilst using my work laptop. The speed connection drops so much that my entire laptop is lagging so much that I'm u...

RR2023 by Tuning in
  • 15 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Dead Hub 3 - quickest way to replace?

Went to reboot my hub 3 this morning to get the speed boost mentioned in a recent email. Won't power back on. No lights at all. Power brick seems to be ok (quiet hum). Of course I can't get in touch with anyone because they're all busy with the email...

mattbabs by Dialled in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Internet dropping same time every hour

I've been having this issue for about a couple of months now.  Almost all day at the same time every hour the internet connection will drop off.  As I work from home I mostly notice this on my works laptop as the VPN connection will suddenly go and I...

Pompeyboyz_0-1687077695533.png Pompeyboyz_1-1687077746362.png Pompeyboyz_2-1687077781046.png Pompeyboyz_3-1687077792667.png

Book a technician

HiMy 75 year old mother has been sent a new router and told her landline will need to be plugged in over the next couple of months or her phones won’t work. This is very confusing for her.Her master phone socket and slave sockets are not located in t...

how to order a wi fi pod

afternoon how do i order a wi fi pod our bsck bedroom struggles with signal well most of rear of house and herd pod can solve this issue 

Wi-Fi not working properly

Last few weeks our Wi-Fi has started acting up, last night it stopped working lol together & even rebooting didn’t bring it back, the hub 4 diagnostics said there was a Wi-Fi problem, another reboot this morning & I tried switching the Wi-Fi optimisa...

DebB by On our wavelength
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Order Wifi Pod. Please

Hi.Just upgraded to 1gb Volt.Please can I order 1x Wifi Pod.Have experienced slowdown in 1 bedroom. Connect app not that good on our phones.Many thanks. 

MSW1 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Internet dropouts in Twickenham

Internet service has been dropping 3 or 4 times each day for the past week or so. Also noticed pixelation issues on the TV over the same period, which may be related.Could someone from the support team investigate please?

cass by On our wavelength
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos