Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Resolved! Hub 5 - Can't disable DHCP

I have just received the Hub 5 and it is set up. I have found I am unable to disable the DHCP server, which I previously had disabled in the Hub 3. I have logged out and back in, and rebooted the hub.I have my own DHCP server and this will potentiall...

WillM1_0-1656527560145.png
WillM1 by Tuning in
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Connect app won't scan

I've reset everything, turned off mobile data and forgotten the network and reconnected to the wifi but the app keeps coming back to the screen that tells me I need to be connected to wifi to do a scan. Any suggestions?

G7ivp by Tuning in
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

SH5 2.4/5GHz issue

So we have a SH5 and two pods - so modem set to optimization which you have to have with pods.Heres the issue:  Usually, but not always some devices (mainly Amazon Firestics) opt to pick a slow 2.4GHz connection from the SH5/pods rather than the 5/6G...

ozsat by Superstar
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Router has red light

My virgin WiFi router has a solid red light showing, I have reset the router, done the pin hole reset and checked all the wires are connected correctly but the light will not disappear. Please help

Resolved! WiFi Pods not showing in connect app or connecting

Hello, we were we were having all kinds of problems with the Wi-Fi. Virgin replaced the hub 3 with a new one, and since then the two Wi-Fi pods, we had no longer show in the connect app, or connect to the hub. I rang technical support and all they su...

fernbank by Tuning in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wifi pods

Having been unable to get the virgin media app to work properly to order a Wi-Fi pod for our Wi-Fi dead zones I reverted as per virgin instructions to their telephone number. 0800 064 3850   After 45 minutes no one at the other end was even able to f...

sgt1 by Tuning in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

2.4Ghz - Updated issues

Hello all,I have an unusual problem I need assistance with. I've been with virgin media for 2-3 years without issue. Last week they made changes to improve he upload speed. Since then some older devices have not been able to connect to my wifi. These...

Constant red light on hub

HiOur virgin media hub is showing a constant red light. It has been reset but is still showing the red light.The broadband is working fine and there are no connection issues.any ideas?thanks

several devices not connecting to Hub 4

Since we have had the HUB 4 we have lost the ability to connect several devices that all worked on the previous hub. The Firestick, HP Printer and now the Samsung TV have all stopped being able to connect to the hub. I have reset, forgotten, updated ...