Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

No broadband flashing red light on hub 5

I have no broadband. I have a flashing red light on my hub 5. I have gone through all the trouble shooting guidance and been through the customer service helpline. I was informed that I would get a call between 1-4 hours. It is now over 4 hours. I wo...

Bethsam1 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

WiFi signal dropping out every 30s for a few seconds

Hello team,I am having an issue for the past 3 days where my WiFi signal on my Hub5 with a M350 service is dropping for a seconds every 30 seconds or so.  This is making it unworkable to do video conferencing and work from home.My troubleshooting (I'...

HUb5 Ping.jpg
bph2 by Tuning in
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Splitting Bands

Hi all.I have been having issues watching recorded programs on the Virgin Media Go app as it kept saying I wasnt on the same network as my 360 box. I searched through topics and one user suggested splitting the bands to ensure my device and the box w...

Resolved! Refund 2nd payment

Hi I made the payment early on my account a couple of days ago and then the payment has also come out on the day it says on the date direct debit.

Nathan21 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wifi hub disconnecting every day

So for the past 2 months my wifi just keeps disconnecting. Its very embarrassing when i am on a zoom call with a customer and i look over at my hub and its completely blank .Lights are a no show .. Has anyone else had this issue as its becoming a **b...

Intermittent broadband issues

So It's been ongoing issue for me since 1 week. Broadband is ON and OFF. Drops on average every 5-20 min.  Tried to report several times but being asked to check if the fault remains after 24hrs. When back after 24hrs - same message appears. Frustrat...

EizoCX by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Intermittent internet and frequent disconnects

I have getting very intermittent internet since Tuesday with a lot of disconnects, loss of synch. It seems to be one of the SNR problems which feature a lot on these forums but according to the service status checker there are no issues in my area.ca...

Rossmor48 by On our wavelength
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

No RF signal detected

Hi, broadband has been disconnected from last night though a number of reboots, resets, and reconnecting power, ethernet cables to the wall.I'm using Hub 3.0 and the hub shows flashing green light with green LED wifi icon. According to the self test,...

20230630_051104.jpg 20230630_051319.jpg
lwk1802 by Tuning in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos