Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 38 kudos

Re: Wi-Fi pods - failed orders

Hi Nathancan you please helpi ordered The Wi-Fi max pods last week on web chat, but still have not received, if I log into my account, it is showing on my package details, but no Wi-Fi pod has been delivered.I have very little Wi-Fi speed in 2 of my ...

Bean035 by Joining in
  • 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

Latency spikes and packet loss every hour

Been having problems with regular latency spikes and packet loss as in this graph: Engineer visited Thursday, and since then - I've had this - basically regular latency spikes/packet loss.  Any ideas? 

JJ1161_1-1687602282233.png JJ1161_0-1687602190921.png
JJ1161 by Joining in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Broadband down..

I love on dy3 lower gornal, and around 45 minutes ago the internet went down.The service status is showing a fault in the area and will be fixed by 6am! I would like more updates than should be fixed by 6.05 am. When there power cuts national grid po...

HazzaTL by Tuning in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pod flashing red

I have 2 wifi pods & both have worked fantastic for the 18 months wev had them, until yesterday i noticed one of them is intermittently flashing red. I swapped its location with the no 2 pod and it still flashed red. When initially plugged in it does...

weeshaz by On our wavelength
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Virgin Media Business: AP Isolation

I know probably my question can't be answered here, but I figured I'd try. I'm currently living at an address that has a Virgin Media Business account active. I'm not the account holder, but I do have access to the admin panel of the modem.I'm trying...

Xinouth by Tuning in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Packet loss and low upload

Hello. I have had problems with intermittently terrible upload speeds for a little over 12 months now with multiple engineers visiting with no resolution.The issue is present over wired or wirelessthe issue is present in modem or router modeI have pe...

bqm1.png
Pitlanes by Joining in
  • 31 replies
  • 0 kudos

wifi pods

all i want is one wifi pod .why so hard to order one, i have just changed to the volt system , all ok in house when i get into my summer house i hardly get a signal ,i rang up virgin media they got me to do a reset on the router, then they wanted me ...

stupots by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Getting another box for new place

I’m alright a customer but have another flat im moving too, was wondering if it was possible to get a seperate box for new location, only problem being is there’s no tv wire running to the apartment , how do I go about getting a wire ran to the flat ...

Scottb1 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos