Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the userā€™s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Wifi pods not working

Hi,I recently changed settings on my hub 5 router, since this the wifi pods have stopped working and are continuously flashing white, this has been for several days, I have turned the router and pods on and off with no effect. Any ideas of how I can ...

NewtoVM1 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Internet drops throughout the day

My internet and wifi keeps dropping throughout the day, when it does, i go to look at the router and all the lights are flashing. Here are the network logs Upstream bonded channelsChannel Channel Type T1 Timeouts T2 Timeouts T3 Timeouts T4 Timeouts1A...

taidoan by Joining in
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

New Build - Apparently not serviceable..

We have recently completed on our new build property purchase over 3 weeks ago and have not been able to move in due to the incompetency of VM and their Sales team.Firstly I would like to point out that there are approx 15 houses on my street in the ...

Website Blocking

I was told when I joined VM that you could block websites from certain devices while other devices could still access them. How can I do this, I can't seem to find it. Also on the VMConnect I have grouped the devices but cannot individually set times...

hoopsrn by Tuning in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Losing connection when plugging in wifi pod

I live in a 3 storey house and the router is on the ground floor in a front living room.  My office is 2 floors above this, but directly above and wifi connection on my laptop is very strong, averaging around 4-500mbps with maximum bars showing in my...

claireh by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Equipment return

I left VM over 2 years ago so have no idea what my account number or area was (both needed to request a return box) and I've just found a boxed superhub.Looks like it was delivered to me in 2020, I think it was to replace a faulty superhub but the fa...

leeh1986 by On our wavelength
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Omni box lid

Hi The cover on my omni box is missing I'm concerned the weather will damage The cable connections  Please adviseā€ƒ

1000003742.jpg
john1722 by Joining in
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos