Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 38 kudos

Hub 5 reset Subnet IP's changed

I’m having the same problem for some reason the hub5 has switched to using the sun net of 255.255.0.0 instead of 255.255.255.0  and now refuses to issue IP addresses and the virgin middleware has completely messed the factory reset not rectifying any...

pogit1 by Up to speed
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Cable cut by Virgin delay in replacing

We have had a number of issues trying to get our outside cable replaced, the whole fiasco has been going on since June 12. We've had outside teams turn up on at least 4 occasions, but they haven't been able to do it? Too many cables in the conduit an...

BQM Good or Bad

Hi, I have been told by a Forum Member that this is a "Pretty good BQM" in the morning between 9:30 and 10:00 6/8/23 the router decided to reboot itself, in the evening I decided to reboot at 22:00 pm because I noticed it was getting crappy. I just w...

Latest BQM.JPG
Osram by On our wavelength
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Regular service drops and Superhub errors

Hi All, I'm hoping to get some help on my on-going internet connectivity issues. For a number of months this year, while working from home, I have noticed my VPN drop in the afternoon everyday (between 3-4pm). This became more consistent but without ...

1.png 2.png 2.png 3.png

Hub5 connection timeout

I’m experiencing some connection timeout issues with the new Hub5 and spent hours on the phone virgin media support to no avail. I’ve failed to get technical call backs that I’ve been promised and just been handed over to the “gadget rescue” departme...

I cannot log into my router

My router did not recognise my password despite me typing in the correct info. I then reset the router and I am still being told my original default password taken from the router is wrong. I am locked out of gaining access to my router and I want to...

Resolved! Hub 5 refuses to turn wifi on.

I've been using the hub 5 in modem mode since we got it and today my router decided to pack up. So, I turned off modem mode and gave the hub 5 a reboot. When it was back up and running, I went into the hub 5's settings to sort out network names and s...

WiFi Pod connection

I have been given a WiFi Pod to try (from a friend, not Virgin), however I can't get it to connect to my Hub 3 via WiFi. If I connect it to the hub with an Ethernet cable then it connects fine and shows in the Virgin Connect app, but just won't conne...

Disconnecting devices

Continuing problems with my Wi-Fi connection dropping out. Every day I keep experiencing problems with all my devices losing connection to the hub. Found out if I stop the Wi-Fi on the device and reconnect to the hub the connection reappears? This is...