Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

WiFi Pods

How would i get the 3 free WiFi pods ?it says i have to do a speed test but how can i when i can't get WiFi in that room ?

C1appy by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

No WiFi in one of the rooms - how do I get a pod?

I don't get wifi coverage in one of my room upstairs. The place is like diagonally opposite to where my hub is located in downstairs corner.I have read few threads here mentioning to connect the with VM Connect App and do speed test which will show b...

aar by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hub 4 flashing white lights. Everyday

 I’ve got the hub 4 and recently been having constant flashing white lights randomly everyday.Ive unplugged the hub but its still happening. For £76 a month this shouldn’t be happening. these are from yesterday and today. not sure if this is normal o...

IMG_2795.jpeg IMG_2794.jpeg
Imortaltom by On our wavelength
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Virgin Media Hub security and reccomendations!

So in January last year, I was attacked by cyber criminals, repeatedly launching DDoS attacks against my home network.  This actually caused a lot of disruption to my internet access for a few days.  All credit to Virgin for listening to me, and repl...

Lasky by On our wavelength
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Replacement booster/pod

Technician has just been, replaced the router and now says the booster needs replacing & to contact Virgin. I have tried to find out to how order a replacement booster/pod via the app - no joy there! And customer services is supposed to be open until...

Solid Red Light on Superhub 3

Hello,I'm hoping I can get some help on this matter. I have a solid red light on my superhub which has persisted over several weeks. This is joined by incredibly poor performance over 2.4Ghz & 5Ghz WiFi, and I believe a new superhub is needed.The uni...

PJ789 by Tuning in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Solid Red Light

Hi allSo my Virgin Hub 4 WIFI has suddenly stopped and there is a solid red light. I googled the problem and it mentioned it could be over heated, which is odd since it's sat on the side board with nothing within 20cm each side. As per usual, can't g...

Tony246 by Tuning in
  • 25 replies
  • 0 kudos

WiFi dead spot...useless support

Tearing my hair out with virgin support over WhatsApp.WiFi signal doesn't reach my furthest bedroom, I am on WiFi max so can get a pod to create a mesh. Contacted virgin support over their WhatsApp. The person on the other end is beyond useless. Keep...

Resolved! Advice on network connectivity for home office

Hi,My home office is a new build with 2 floors and in-wall ethernet wiring to provide an Ethernet port on each floor. As shown in the attached picture, the blue boxes represent devices and connectivity that already exists, and the yellow the ones to ...

Home_Internet_Signals_Routing.jpg
pkgms32 by Just browsing
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos