Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 56 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

New HUb 3 has red light since I plugged it in

Hi, I just installed my new Hub 3 today, this is a replacement to my old Virgin router.  I followed all instructions and kept waiting for light to go white, but it has been red since I plugged it in and hasn't changed.  My WIFI is working, but I'm ju...

EEV by Joining in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Internet keeps dropping out

Hi I recently upgraded my Internet package, but since I've been having trouble with the speed dropping, and the Internet cutting out numerous times throughout the day. 

upgraded

To gig1 broadband, i have not been sent a hub5 and wifi podshow do i get them, can it get sorted on herecheers

Wifi speeds

Ive just read an article about virgin promising 30mpbs in every room, if you dont get this you can get 3 wi fi pods free , and £100 credit on your  bill ?????? No way am i ever going to get 30 mpbs, can you send me 3 pods , and £100 credit on bill ??...

Superhub 4 constant reboots

Hello,For at least the last couple of months my Superhub 4 keeps rebooting itself. It used to be late evening or early morning, now it seems to happen at any time. it’s most days and getting really annoying now, any ideas what might be going on?Thank...

Upgraded to 1gig but WiFi worse

Recently upgraded from 360 to 1gb and we are having issues, gaming dropping out, 1 adult in-house plays and teaches on a certain game and is struggling. He's even connected with ethernet and still drops out. No issues when on 360 and different hub T...

1000005641.png