Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 38 kudos

Wi-Fi down again

Asking for help required My Wi-Fi was down from 10 am till 11 pm11 last Tuesday when it was fixed but I have no idea what the fix wasit went down at 10 today so I rebooted with no success, discovered that the 2.4ghz is working but the 5 ghz is not, f...

BryanP1 by Tuning in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Slow Speeds vs Router Swap

Someone I know their WiFi was slow and playing up so they contacted virgin and was told they are out of contract with virgin now they have a new router and mine is slow, and I think I'm out of contract but I can't get a new router.   [MOD EDIT: Subje...

Pods showing fair - software bug

 Can someone from Virgin Media please confirm if there is a software bug with the Pods? Since last few days all of my pods are showing fair. Wi-Fi optimisation isn’t working ..I’m not actually getting any network issue but this is still reporting as ...

IMG_4228.jpeg
forshawj by Up to speed
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Hub 5 WPA3 issue - Pixel 6 and Laptop

HelloI've recently had Hub5 installed to replace a faulty Hub4.  I enabled WPA2/WPA3 mixed mode for the 5GHz channel in the Advanced WiFi Security Settings, but although my devices support WPA3, the router will kickout both my Pixel 6 Pro and the lap...

crypticc by Fibre optic
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issues for months. So solution from Virgin.

I've had Internet issues for several months. The Internet drops for seconds or a minute or so dozens if not hundreds of times a day. Games freeze. Videos freeze. Woget disconnected from work, etcThings I've done:-Used www.thinkbroadband.com to monito...

Jb1874 by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Modem only mode (hub version required)

Hiwhat is the minimum Hub version number to be able to switch to Modem-only mode? I think I have Hub 2.0 - the black one in this pic? I’ve looked through the admin menus and can’t see an option to enable modem-only. I’m on a 1gb plan in Ireland.Thank...

CEBAF460-CC45-4690-AE61-56A3E8EC3C56.jpeg

Pay for 500mb/s router capped to 350mb/s?

Recently upgraded a few weeks ago and seem to only get 350mb/s download even though in the first week I got 500mb/s download. This was the same both wired and wireless.I feel that I need a new hub as the hub 3 is shocking, would it be worth getting 1...

Resolved! Wifi slow on MacBook Pro but fast on all other devices

My internet is exceptionally slow (like so slow I don't even have the bandwidth to run a speed test) on my MacBook Pro, but fantastic in all other devices, including an iPhone, an Android phone and two PCs. The speed is slow regardless of where I am ...

Resolved! WiFi pods

I've just received an upgrade to Hub 5 but still have a poor connection at the rear of the house and moving the hub isn't an option. I can't see where to order a wifi pod through VM Connect app and going online directs me to a contract renewal (which...

No connection for 3 days

Had no connection for 3 days, after multiple calls a test being run down the line, a technician call, finally an engineer came out this morning to discover the street cabinet has been destroyed by a car! I Can’t believe no one else has reported this,...

Jd52 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos