Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 56 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

WiFi promise

Hello, I am back again and still trying to get my WiFi up to the necessary speed to operate my two security cameras. After 30 years with VM I had my contract changed to Volt, issued with an O2 sim which I really didn't need, promised the much acclaim...

Terrible Service

A Virgin technician installed our broadband on the 2/8/23 and told me that a booster was needed and I should call & ask for one to be sent out, which I did immediately. He said it would take 48 hrs to receive it. After this period I started calling V...

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hub 5 blue light again

This has happened before, hub 5 starts flashing blue. But has fixed itself previously. Til today. Ive Tried switching on/off unplugged everything. I Have reboot it from router ip settings. On hub 5 status in regards to Internet it says requesting CM ...

Heva619 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

WiFi boosters needed?

Just got an email about guaranteed speed of 20mbps and my WiFi is not doing that. Does anyone know how to claim the free boosters? 

Internet connection problems

Hi. Having issues with internet connections. Started yesterday & followed all the advice & eventually had connection last night. However, it is back to the same being on then being off repeatedly which is hopeless. The router can be seen but but show...

GBow by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Google Nest won’t connect to heatlink

I’ve just changed broadband provider to Virgin and since then my best thermostat has stopped working. I’ve been through all the trouble shooting with google support and tried advice on here but nothing works. I’m left with a useless but expensive pie...

Gepvyt by Joining in
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Modem speed and burglar alarm issues

VM changed our modem recently as we had complained of very slow and poor connection. However shortly after our landline stopped working so they came back and "boosted" the signal. This then caused our burglar alarm to stop working. It turns out our b...

Constantly disconnecting

Hi there. Wondering if anyone here is able to help. I've been having intermittent internet problems now for a while. I had an engineer out to give us a new hub, new wire coming into the house, and I'm sure we had a 3rd visit where they replaced some ...