Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Constant broadband connectivity issues

Hi there.  I have had a Virgin service for over ten years, during which time it's generally been reliable.  But over the last several months, I've experienced daily issues with my internet connection - both on wi-fi and on LAN.  I have my Hub 3 confi...

Intermittant wifi for weeks

I've been having intermittant wifi for almost a month now, I've tried calling about it just to be told there is a fault in the area and they're working on it and then not actually being able to speak to someone about it. I've had no updates about thi...

jop3 by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Virgin hub 3 keeps disconnecting, any ideas

HiI have the hub 3, had it for years but recently it has started kicking us all out of phones, smart TVs and Xbox etc at random intervals during the day, it only last a couple of minuted each time but can happen many times daily. My daughter has rack...

neilhaj by Joining in
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! SmartThings Station (hub) and Hub 5

I've got the new SmartThings Station (hub) and I can't connect through my Hub 5 from the SmartThings app on my Samsung phone. I cannot connect to Wi-Fi with the phone fine. I can connect tablets and laptops to the Hub Wi-Fi, it only appears to be the...

Unable to disable SSID Broadcasting on Hub 3

I am my Unable to disable SSID Broadcasting on Hub 3 for 1st one yet I can disable for the 2nd one why is so hard to do these things on vm I have and tried all the tips on here but still can’t turn it of. Can any one plz help

Sid72 by Joining in
  • 55 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issues with services

[I apologise for this being long]I've been having issues with my connection. But no one seems to want to come and visit the house to check the equipment/property.In August alone, I've had two period of no internet.Whenever I check the online status c...

Shwrb by Tuning in
  • 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hub 5 Disconnections

Hi, all. Like others, I'm having constant Hub 5 disconnections. It used to happen once a day, sort of, but, today, it's already disconnected 5 times in the last few hours. Here is the info from Router Status, after I restarted, about 10-15 minutes ag...

mrq2022 by Tuning in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

How do I order a Wi-Fi pod?

Hello I am o2 and virgin customer. I am on M-350 m500 volt boost. I’ve recently been getting Terrible connection in my living room and the test says 3mbps and 1mbps download upload this is really bad. It recommended me ordering a pod. But it tells me...

Constant short duration drop outs

Hi all,After some help as have been having issues for about 3-4 weeks now with our connection.The connection has been dropping out for 10-20 seconds, multiple times a day, sometimes as many as 50+ in a day. All devices lose connection, ethernet or Wi...

ShineyT by Joining in
  • 21 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pay for 500mb/s router capped to 350mb/s?

Recently upgraded a few weeks ago and seem to only get 350mb/s download even though in the first week I got 500mb/s download. This was the same both wired and wireless.I feel that I need a new hub as the hub 3 is shocking, would it be worth getting 1...

satuo8 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos