Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 38 kudos

Resolved! Super Hub 5x / mesh setups

We’ve just gone live with our gigabit service over the weekend, and looking for some tips on optimal configuration with an existing mesh network.Ideally we’d run the SH5x in bridge mode, but this isn’t available as yet, so we have our Amplifi HD runn...

Wifi Pod keeps dropping out and blinking white

I seem to have the same problem as a lot of people with intermittent functionality on my wifi pod - most of the time it just blinks white and doesn’t show up on the network sometimes after multiple resets it comes on for a brief while

khayyaam by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Access Denied for multiple websites

For the past week or so now I have had the following error message when trying to access Next.co.uk. Access DeniedYou don't have permission to access "http://www.next.co.uk/" on this server.I've now found the same happens when I try to get to TUI, Jo...

AdamRW89 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Terrible WiFi and customer service

We moved in march and had virgin scheduled to install. It took them over a month to do soThen a month or two after my internet connection kept dropping out while attempting to wfhI contacted customer service only to be told I need to double my monthl...

Parrers by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos