Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Broadband Lost Service

I have no service on my broadband, and the My VM app says there's an issue being looked into. I want to register my loss of service, in case there's automatic compensation available, but tapping the Register Loss of Service button at the bottom just ...

Iry-Hor by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issues with the 5x hub, anyone else had this?

Hey all, recently joined VM when they became available in the area (been stuck on slow broadband here so jumped at the chance).We have the 5x hub, things have been fine with it till last week, the Internet now drops near constantly, the light on the ...

1 mbs

I have been trying to get a pod for one of my rooms, Download speeds rage from 1128 to 370 in most rooms except the one I have issues with it is 12Uploads range from 112 to 102 except the above room it is 1 App says everything is great even though T...

Rogs20 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

VM connect app

When trying to connect to the VM connect app i get an “unsupported hub” message. I have a 5X !

TrevorS2 by Joining in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Trial - 'Randomly' Disconnected

Had an email on 25th September from [REMOVED] saying my trial was coming to an end on 31st of October, please see below.  What's next?In accordance with your trial terms and conditions, your broadband will automatically be disconnected on 31st Octobe...

IMG_9223.jpg
JT92 by Tuning in
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Internet Down But Virgin Says No Issues

My internet has been down since before 11am (it is now 4pm).All checks on virgin media told me either there were no issues in my area, or they "could not check right now" (this usually means, in my experience, there is an issue and their system cant ...

Resolved! Do 'Old' WiFi pods work with new Router?

Last week I was upgraded from a Hub 3.0 to a Hub 5. My existing white pods do not appear to connect to the new router. After being unplugged for several hours I plugged a white pod into a socket in the same room as the router and after a day the smal...

VC10 by Dialled in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

RCS Partial Service Issue

Hello,I've been having an issue with intermittent internet cut outs and suspect there may be an issue that requires an engineer callout.Hub network log:Time Priority Description16/10/2023 14:14:11 Warning! RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**...

shread_r by Joining in
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hi all. Moved from BT to Virgin Broadband. Physical installation was grand, but after sales is appalling. I’ve no WiFi in our home office. 3 times I’ve ordered a WiFi Pod. 3 times I’ve been assured my order has been placed. 3 times I’ve been told I’l...