Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Resolved! Possible Hub Issue

Finding that I'm loosing internet and having to reboot or reset my router every couple of weeks. Checked the admin tools on router and seeing the following issues. Is this normal?01/11/2023 09:58:8       notice    LAN login Success;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**...

No internet connection…but only on some devices!

Evening all,Since this morning I have had no internet connectivity from my hub 5, but only on some devices. I have rang customer services and they said to reset the hub with a pen and all will be good. Well, guess what, it isn’t. there are numerous d...

naymo by Joining in
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hub 5 connection problems with my 3 WI Fi Pods

I have just upgraded to VM Hub 5 and although the hub works fine, the 3 existing wi fi pods I have wont connect with the Hub 5.  I have tried all the "fixes" on the forums - Re boot, re-location, WPS ets and none of these work.I now understand VM hav...

Does VM supply all house with OFNL?

Hiya, I just moved into a new build and found a OFNL hub in my home. I can see VM is one of the ISP showing in OFNL webpage. But I couldn't search my address in VM, I called to sales team and they said cannot supply services to my address as well. Ju...

gorgorl by Tuning in
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Delayed install & no complaint response

HelloI am now 3 months + in waiting for my install with 6 moved dates. This is due to lack of pre work being completed.Multiple calls to be fobbed off or cut off. Told repeatedly they can’t tell me as dealt with by contractor. Can’t speak to complain...

Resolved! Website being blocked?

Hi there,We're a new social media platform that has performed a soft launch and from doing so we've discovered that a number of our users utilising Virgin Media are being blocked from accessing our site.  This is obviously a concern for a new platfor...

ADSOC by Just browsing
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Broadband Lost Service

I have no service on my broadband, and the My VM app says there's an issue being looked into. I want to register my loss of service, in case there's automatic compensation available, but tapping the Register Loss of Service button at the bottom just ...

Iry-Hor by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos