Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

dropping of connection despite engineer visit

I’ve been having issues with my home connection over the last 2 weeks and unsure what to do next.Im on a 125 broadband plan. I have recently signed a new contract for the same speed but at a higher price. There was reports of engineers doing works in...

om96 by Tuning in
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! My hub3 is showing red light!

I’ve tried all the possible things to resolve this but my hub is still sowing red light and my network trips off a lot more. At the moment, the network is gone I’m unable to use it. Please help. I’ve switched from modem to router mode, same thing.

Chizz1 by Joining in
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Losing connection on a range of devices - Hub 4

The past couple of days we have been issues with our devices connecting to the router, we have issued a factory reset and things seem to be stable for now. I have setup a BQM the image attached is from today. I will post downstream and upstream logs ...

CheekySon_0-1699386131677.png

Guest network out of the blue

Is there a reason a guest network connected to my wifi network would be showing up suddenly? I've checked and I have none set up. Anybody know what is going on?

Sabee by Settling in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Will another wifi pod fix connection dropouts?

Hi, I have Gig1 in my package and 2 wifi pods that seem to do the trick downstairs but wifi connections keep dropping in my son's room upstairs (for streaming TV, PlayStation etc.).Will a 3rd wifi pod in his room fix this?Supplementary Q. Assuming it...

LeonSB by On our wavelength
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hub 5 flashing green light

Just upgraded and received a hub 5 yesterday. Removed hub 3 and followed the installation instructions for the hub 5 only to be greeted with a flashing green light. Been on for more than 24 hours and have had 3 frustrating calls with Techs who have r...

Resolved! I need booster pods

Hi I’ve only been with virgin a month and I ordered 2 extra pods via phone as I was told I have multiple dead zones ( very old house)I still haven’t got any can someone help please as my daughter has no connection in her bedroom at all I’ve looked on...