Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Packet loss and complete outages for the past few weeks

I've been having packet loss issues and a few full outages over the past couple of weeks and I'd like somebody to take a look please.I can post power levels and thinkbroadband details if needed but can't really be bothered atm, it's data that you sho...

Chez92 by Up to speed
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! OPTIONS FOR WIFI HAVE DISAPPEARED - IS THERE A REASON?

Our wifi went down this morning. I have since reset in the usual way and we appear to be up and running again BUT.....Previously we had 2.4gHZ and 5gHZ options and could choose which to use. Having rest there appears to be no longer an option - just ...

oner1 by On our wavelength
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! PiHole and PiVPN on Valerie Modem/Router

I just recently got my Valerie modem/router from Virgin after switching to them. I also have a Raspberry Pi running PiHole and PiVPN.For PiHole, how can I set my DNS Server on Valerie to the IP address of the Raspberry Pi? I've looked through the set...

ns3 by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Red light on hub

Hello, I have a red line/light on my hub and I don’t have WiFi. I have tv. This morning it was a pink ish light and I rebooted it but it stayed pink. Went out and came back a few hours later and now it’s red. I have rebooted a few times, turned it of...

Zead by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! WiFi hotspots

My children go to secondary school in a village with very little signal (phone or Internet). My daughter passed out about a mile from school the other day and struggled to contact me - which is concerning. All providers seem to have bad signal from s...

Biker2day by On our wavelength
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Hub 3 issues

Hello hoping to get some answers as customer support just keeps telling me to reset the hub.I keep having to disconnect my wireless connections and reconnect as they keep losing the WiFi signal. I also have a black spot in my dining room (speed less ...

Wifi pods

How do I chase an order for Wi-Fi pod,been with virgin for just over a week and contacted them on day one to say I had black spots within my house , advisor said they would send one out , still waiting ??any know of any phone numbers to contact them ...

Bcfc1977 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

new up

hi all I've received a new hub after my old one was having problem for some time, I had a hub3 but they've given me a hub 4, speeds are good and wireless aswel, but im experiencing high packet loss, which of course makes gaming not so good, I've been...

Screenshot 2023-11-16 232116.jpg