Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Virgin Hub 4 Modem mode - Tp Link Omada

Does anyone have any information on how I can put the router into modem mode and use the TP Link ER605 router to pass through the traffic?I have set the Virgin hub into modem mode and entered the virgin hubs mac address into the ER605 as this seems t...

logan55 by Joining in
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wifi Pod

Hi, I've been trying to order a WiFi pod as my signal strength falls below the contractually agreed speed. But I can't seem to find how to get one ordered. It seems like a common theme on here. Virgin Media can you help!!?? Very frustrating 

Boosh77 by Tuning in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Broadband connection hangs on payment pages

I am having a strange problem with my broadband connection. When I buy things on line, everything works well until I get to the payment page. At that point, the page will hang, with the dreaded rotating arrow or equivalent. This goes on for some time...

aurora1 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

POD connectivity

Hi,I have been having spped issues with my Pod. They have been dropping by 98%. An engineer came out and sppeds to the router are over 600, also when connected to the router itself I get near 600. However, when I connect through the POD I get about 1...

Screenshot_20231121_115144_VM Connect.jpg
Jalcorn by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Instability issues / slow speeds

I recently upgraded to Hub 5 and GIG1 fibre broadband (from hub 3/500mbps) and since then my connection has been unstable and constantly dropping every day. This happens across all devices, wifi and ethernet. Download speeds also haven't increased si...

Elluke01 by Tuning in
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Guest network

HiI am having relatives over for the festive period. They mainly use Windows laptops and are not very security conscious. They will want to use my internet connection, so I'm wondering if I should enable my router's guest network and point them to th...

PP480 by Tuning in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ordered new hub5

I ordered a new hub5 router on Wednesday but I haven’t had any email or notification about when this will be delivered ?  Can anyone help?

Malkyffc by Tuning in
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Problems with dropouts

HiI keep getting wifi dropouts that happen sporadically throughout the day for the past 6 weeks. This affects general internet and zoom calls. I'm posting my logs below, can anyone spot anything wrong? When I run a diagnostic it tells me I have broad...

Hub 5 WiFi speeds

I'm on the VOLT 1gig package and whilst I am getting good speeds via ethernet, the WiFi even when sitting right next to it is very poor in comparison. 940mbs download over ethernet, 80mbps WiFi right next to the router.I've rebooted the Hub 5 several...