Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Red light on Hub 3

Hello, I have red solid light on my Virgin media Hub 3, rather than, solid white. The broadband is working. Could anyone please explain is this normal?  Kind regards

drl3 by Tuning in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Virgin Media have to be stopped

My cable was cut by a VM engineer setting up another flat in my block two months ago. Trying to address this has been one of the most enraging, stressful and insulting interactions with a business I have ever had. I first raised a complaint two month...

Thomas9 by Tuning in
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Nest smoke alarm & Hub 3

I'm trying to connect a nest smoke alarm, I've already got a nest thermostat, that's working fine.Within the nest app, I can get as far a choose a wifi network, then when I put in the password, it gives me an error.The smoke alarm will only work on 2...

Resolved! Hub 5 reboots

Had this error twice now in less than a month.  Seems like a failure to update the Hub to the latest firmware, as it is still on the previous one.  The downside is this takes the Hub offline for a couple of hours as noted on my BQM.  Hopefully it wil...

Adduxi by Very Insightful Person
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Red Light on Hub

Hi, Have had a solid red light on the hub for the past few days, during I have noticed a significant drop in speeds. Have tried all forms of reset (standard and Pin hole) and still having the issue. 

Scott17 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

No internet Rushden

Hello I have a problem.My internet is gone but it does not show any problems in my area on the app. I have no wifi and no broadband in general even with the cable and today is Friday but the earliest date of available technician is next Monday. It is...

Ttsankov by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pod working but not showing on connect

I have a pod working fine but it doesnt show up in connect - when I ask to add the app says “no wifi pods detected” - I know it is working as I am using the ethernet from it. any help?

Rock1967 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

WIFI Pods - slow speed

When I turn the WiFi pod on the speed drops to next to nothing. This has only happened recently though. It used to run fine with 60MBPS via the Pod but now it can be as low as 0.5.  This seems to have changed in the last 4 weeks. Has anyone else seen...

Resolved! Explanation of Virgin media router/wifi speeds

Hi All!I am new to VM, having just had my Broadband service installed and on 5th December. I am signed up to the 1Gb package. I have questions however as to how the WiFi speed is so drastically different from the designated 1GB speed. According to sa...