Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 56 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Resolved! Dear VM Staff, Is there an ongoing issue in my area?

Hello!Sorry to bother you guys, but can you please check to see if there are any ongoing issues in the TF1 area? My connection has been experiencing packetloss recently, especially during busy periods. I am getting anywhere from 1-5% packetloss which...

Phixion by Dialled in
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Red light hub 3

My Hub 3 router has a red light. It's been like this for quite a while now. The device is not hot or even warm. I did have problems with it a few days ago. Had to keep rebooting until I eventually got connected. Shouldn't the light be white, to be wo...

Been told hub 5 is on order and it wasn't

Got told last week that a hub 5 was on order for me as im on 1 GIG fibre, called today and this isn't the case as per usual i have been fobbed off by virgin media, originally i called and a chap in the tech department advised me that their is no diff...

Hub red light

Hub has solid red light. No internet problems. Checked connections, reset hub and did online reset but light still red. I assume this is a problem with the hub itself??

Our5boys by Tuning in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wi-Fi pod not connecting to new hub 5 router

Hi I got a new Hub 5 router and previously I used a WiFi pod via eithernet cable to connect my PC. After installing the new router when it come today, My pod isn’t connecting and it’s constantly flashing. I’ve unplugged and plugged it back in after a...

Port forwarding not working on the hub 5

I opened the port range 2000-10000, both protocols and none of the ports opened, all of them showed as closed on my own port scanner and many online ones. I've turned off my firewall too, and seen many complaints about this but no fix

nethan by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to connect Wi-fi Plinth heater to phone

HiI thought I'd asked this question yesterday but I can find no trace of it today. I'll try again. I have a Plinth Heater in my Kitchen which I use in the Winter. It was working last year but when I tried it earlier I couldn't get it to work. I tried...

JimH44 by On our wavelength
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Re: Contacting Virgin

I live in an older (1933) brick built house where any Wi-Fi signal gets substantially blocked by the walls. The excellent and fast Virgin signal at the router disappears completely in the corridor outside the room the router is in. For this reason I ...

Non Installation of XGS-PON

HiWe had virgin attempting to  install on 6th Septebmer. There were issues with the pre install to the house. Since then the v hub has been installed but there are issues with the wrong PON ID being assigned back at virgin based to the entire area (V...

luge13 by Joining in
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos