Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

TP Link Slow and Unusable speed

Hii have virgin fibre 250 and a power line adapter into my garden room using TP link Av1300. This was working fine until relatively recently, and i now get unusable speeds of less than 1MB. Can anyone advise a way of correcting this 

CF10 by Tuning in
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Black spot scanner error

Hi I need to scan black spots to order WiFi extenders but I keep getting an error. I have cleared cache etc but can't seem to get it to work.Any advice would be greatly appreciatedThank you  

Black Wifi Pods

Hi All, So I have the Gig line and do have some spots in the house that I want to improve the connection. I know with this package I get the black Wifi pods. How do I get hold of them without going through the whole tech support line? 

Resolved! Wi-Fi Pods

Like many others on this community forum I am also having trouble obtaining the first Wi-Fi pod in order to meet the VM guarantee for max Wi-Fi. Right from the initial installation date it was recognized by the engineer that we had black spots and wo...

BHill1 by Tuning in
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wifi settings error message - Connection Timed Out

So I’m trying to connect Meross smart plugs to the WiFi, to activate remotely.To do this, Meross requires WiFi to be on 2.4GHz only. So I logged into the WiFi settings using my phone, as per the label on the Hub4 WiFi box login info (http://168.192.0...

Zchakhe by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Locked all devices out of hub…

Used to use MAC filtering to try and manage the amount of screen time the teenagers have been getting. However, being teenagers they quickly discovered that they could change the MAC address on some of their devices. Me discovering this decided that ...

Stuckman by Tuning in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Red light hub 3

Hi Zoie and Forum Team I’m having the same issues with the Hub 3 that others have described: A permanent red light - and has been that way for a while.  I have tried resetting as suggested and on - off lots of times but no joy.  It works ok most of t...

AndrewM7 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Red light & dropping wifi

A few backs the Hub status light went red. I rang VM who told me it wasnt a problem unless the Hub was getting too hot (define "too hot"!). However, since then the wifi has spasmodically dropped and come back, probably a couple of times a day that I'...

Wifi Pod (white) not connecting to Hub 3

I have recently taken delivery of my third wifi pod - first one no light at all and would not connect - second stopped working about 10 days after delivery and third 2 days after delivery - the two pods I have will not connect to the Hub 3 via the co...

Riley20 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos