Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 56 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Resolved! National Lottery blocking access

I have been signing into the National Lottery website from my iPad for over a year. Today when I tried to go to the website I was denied access as the website said my IP address was outside of the UK.I have checked my IP address on a site whatsmyip.c...

Can’t order second Wifi Pod

Hi,I have 1gig virgin wifi max so I am entitled to up to three pods. I ordered a first pod, which arrived however I am still having connectivity issues in parts of the property. When I try to order another pod on the website it says I need to call or...

KBJepp by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Moving Wifi Connection Point

Hi,I'm virgin media small business customer. I have internet connection through Virgin Media. I need to move Wifi router location in my house. How can I get appointment for this service? and how much it it will cost me?Cheers,Aamir

Resolved! Wifi Pod still not activated after 2 days

Evening,I received a wifi pod 2 days ago to help with the wifi signal in my son's bedroom. We already have 1 pod which is working correctly on the other side of the house. Plugged the new one in but it just flashed away for several hours. Contacted t...

Router login

I'm having trouble logging in to the Hub 4. On first going to 192.168.0.1 it takes forever to respond (20 mins last time!).Then, after entering password, I'm still waiting for a response 20 mins later!I assume there are simple settings that need chan...

peteclen by Tuning in
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Constant red light on hub 3

We’ve had a constant red light on our hub for a while now and no problems other than TiVo pixellating and buffering a lot but that seems to be normal for us nowadays. I’ve been looking into the red light issue and I’m concerned to see that it could b...

Boostral 710 opt in red light

Hello,My internet went down yesterday, the power light is flashing green and wifi light solid green, in the box outside where the boostral 710 sits the opt in light is solid red, the PWR light is green and opt out light is off. All connections are se...

Bad WiFi coverage - can I reuse old cables

Hi All, I recently moved into a new flat with existing Virgin Media broadband. Currently, we're using a one-meter cable provided with our router, but there's a longer, identical white cable running along the wall, unused. To improve Wi-Fi coverage be...

Connected , no internet

On both my personal and work laptop , the WiFi will connect but a ‘no internet’ message will appear and the WiFi will not work at all. My room is directly next to the WiFi box. It does connect on my phone however. I have tried to reset, turn off, re-...

Em1234 by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos