Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Constant issues in my area

I am coming here as a last resort as I am constantly having issues in my area. Constant area fault. Engineer appointment being cancelled because of area faults. Just in December alone there has been 2 flown blown outages with no TV broadband for 2 fu...

Hub 5 firmware newer than 6.9.35-2302.6

Hi all hope you are all well. So my hub5 is runng firmware version 6.9.35-2302.6 and has been since September.I know there is a newer version that resolves some issues with packet loss etc. I have tried a few reboots and completely powered down for a...

PODS

Hi,My package is M600 fibre using a HUB 3. The router registers speeds of >600Mpbs and slightly less from the router to devices which can connect to it. However, I have some issues with connectivity within the house, therefore a POD was given to impr...

Jalcorn by Joining in
  • 22 replies
  • 0 kudos

Replacement of old SuperHub v1

Hi. I've just re-negotiated my ageing parent's broadband contract for another 18 months, but have noticed that the WiFi is regularly dropping out for several minutes at a time, multiple times a day. It improves after a Hub power cycle but the intermi...

joecgera by Joining in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Moving House at end of Contract

Hi How do I termiate my contract at end of the current contract? I have tried online but have not received a reply, only the message that I need to "speak with a human" Do I need to give a notice period?Thanks32CB

32CB by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Guest WiFi Business Never Connects

The guest wifi for my business wifi never connects. Its just spins and spins and spins and never does anything. I own a gym so it’s very annoying that my guests can never connect to it. ive sent numerous emails, numerous texts and tried calling but I...

HOMLTD by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Broadband down in my area

No broadband since yesterday. Online test confirm problems in my area (21). Would appreciate an estimate of how long before this is fixed please.

Fabs by Tuning in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos