Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Address Not Listed

I am moving into a new flat and my address is not listed despite all around me being listed. I enquired on the online form but never heard back and I am moving in this week. Can someone help?

jjp15 by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to set Hub3 to Modem mode

I’ve purchased a Deco X55 wifi mesh system, although I haven’t plugged it in yet, so that has nothing to do with the problem. But in preparation of setting it up I’ve tried setting the Hub 3 to modem mode. I connected via Ethernet from my Mac to the ...

EllieA by Joining in
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Software update on my HUB 3 not available.

I logged into my router settings and it's running a very old software version. I do not have the option of manually updating it. I rebooted but no updates were pushed.Does anyone have any suggestions? I might revert to factory settings and "re-setup"...

Resolved! Wi-fi pods: order not processed?

The week before Christmas I ordered a WiFi pod via live chat, as the VM Connect app didn't offer this option when I surveyed the rooms in my house and found some weak coverage. (I see that others have encountered this issue, but after sharing a coupl...

cje72 by On our wavelength
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

WiFi keeps skipping

It's an absolute nightmare trying to watch Amazon prime WiFi keeps skipping a lot so buffering for a bit I have had my hub2 router since I joined Virgin and that was yonks ago. Am I better buying my own router and switching to modem only 

hossfitt by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Latency & Loss On Broadband

Hello,I have intermittent increased latency and loss on a 250Mbps service a number of pre RS errors in the logs (Hub was power cycled 2 days ago). Hub 5 running in Modem mode. See images below.Suspect noise on line or bad connection somewhere. Is thi...

andrewberesford_0-1704980873150.png andrewberesford_1-1704980912359.png andrewberesford_2-1704980935980.png andrewberesford_3-1704980962120.png

Resolved! 2.4 vs 5 Ghz

I've just switched from the 125 Mb package to the 250. Checking if it was activated, I noticed doing a speed test I was still around 125 Mb/s. Then I saw I was connected to 2.4 Ghz wi fi.  I switched to % Ghz and saw the speed bowling along at 240 pl...

soxer123 by On our wavelength
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Windy wet weather causing internet problems

Hi, in the last few years i've reported this problem a few times. On call and probably on these forums.Whenever we experience windy and wet weather, our internet connection either fails completely or stays connected with sporadically unworkable very ...

Liveammo by Tuning in
  • 15 replies
  • 0 kudos