Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 38 kudos

Pods and VM connect not working !!!

Sorry, long storyBeginning of December wifi dropping out upstairs. Booster pods flashing, so tried looking at setting them up again though VMConnect app, hub not found. Rang customer support,  spent a couple of hours on the phone trying various reset...

CONSTANT RED LIGHT ON HUB 3.0

I’ve had a solid red light on my Hub 3.0 since Boxing Day. Wifi is okay, but a bit flaky from time to time. I have tried resetting the hub numerous times over the last few weeks and have checked all the cables (including unplugging and plugging back ...

Trying to cancel engineer visit

Hi,Our broadband went down last night and the service status checker guided us to book an appointment with an engineer, which I did, for Saturday. However, the service has since been restored so now I need to cancel this appointment, but it doesn't s...

ret83 by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

WiFi pod not connecting

hii I just received a WiFi pod but it doesn’t appear on the Connect app. The light goes on and off I don’t know what I am supposed to do with it.can anybody help?thanks

Kirsty9 by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Household Wifi Coverage

Hi,We've recently moved into a flat and joined VM on the M150 plan. The coverage from the router is fine for some of the rooms, but as soon as we go into the kitchen and the adjoining room we plan to use as a workspace, the signal drops significantly...

Removal of wifi box and cabling

We have a Virgin wifi box and cabling at the front of our house, which was put in place by the previous owner.   I have not intention of becoming a Virgin customer and therefore want this removed.   How do I go about this?Many thanks Alison 

red light on router 3

My hub 3 is showing a red power light instead of the usual white power light. It is solid red but the hub is not overheating and is kept in open space there is a a drop out in wifi connection on all devices through out the day, I have spoken to C.S w...

lealar by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wifi Pods - need help to place order

Hi Forum TeamCould you please PM me to help place order for our 1st wifi pod. As ordering wifi pod via recommended Connect App method is not working.We consistently have low to non-existent wifi speed in one room, & Connect App scans confirm "poor" &...

New instalation and cables but no internet

Hi,My wife and I recently purchased a property in an area that VM has only been in for 4 months or so. They came out to our home and fitted a box on the house and a new line to the telephone pole.The engineer came last Friday and setup a new hub5x an...