Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 56 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

WiFi pods broken after Hub 4 replacement

Hi Hopefully someone can help please I've had a new Hub4 delivered today and have now got access and such via WiFiHowever....I have 3 WiFi pods that do not work in anywayThey are constantly flashing light blue in colour and I cannot see them in the V...

Resolved! Trying to get a replacement wifi pod

Hello guys........ Trying to get a replacement wifi pod, the engineer called on 1st December and said one of the pods was inactive and took it away and said I would get a replacement. I have been onto customer services, 6 times and say they have orde...

Wifi Hub VMConnect wont connect & Hubs

Evening all.So I have an issue with the VMConnect app not seeing my new hub 4.  For context, I had an issue with the hub 3 and a engineer came out and replaced it with a hub 4, im on Volt as well.  When we were using the hub 3, we also had a wifi boo...

Can’t find how to order pods

Hi thereI’ve done the VM Connect app test and most rooms show poor or fair. I’ve got a Superhub 3 and this runs M350 being the upgrade from M200 because I did the Volt thing. I’ve gone round in circles looking for how I can get the two free Wi-Fi pod...

Phil1955 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Toshiba tv won’t connect to the internet

I have a Toshiba smart tv that has suddenly stopped connecting to the internet. It shows that it’s connecting but has no internet. All other devices are connecting to the WiFi and working fine but my tv just won’t connect. I’ve reset the tv to factor...

speczz by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Engineer no show and cannot install

As an existing customer, i moved into my new property, and I had scheduled an appointment with VM on 28th December 2023, expecting an engineer to come and install my broadband service at my residence. However, despite the confirmed appointment, no en...

Resolved! WiFi booster recommendations

Hi all. I’m a volt customer so entitled to up to 3 free pods but am fed up of trying to find out how to order one so does anyone have any recommendations of a booster I can buy. I’ve read on one of the boards that they are usually much better than th...

RuthLan by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos